Monday, January 17, 2011

Sick Point (???)

Familie,

So to answer a whole bunch of questions that mom had in her letter she sent.... here I go:

Well, we walk everywhere we go and take public transportation such as the train, bus, street train, etc. But we walk more because we get to talk to more people that way. We cover all of Rostock with Elder Ryser and Goliash, so it is a big city and lots of area to cover. There is only one branch here so all three sets of missionaries are in the branch. The senior sisters teach a free English class at the church and they also do institute and FHE for the young single adults. Sister Christianson is my companion and she is from Farmington, Utah and has been out for 9 months, I believe and she is going home in July. Everyone loves our names because they think they ryhme, though everyone loves my name Anderson. They always say "dass is ein gutes name." lol.

The members are very excited about the missionary work and a week or so ago we met with the branch president and his family at his home and decided to do pick a street with them, since we were not having any luck in finding people. Pick a street is when the family really prays for us and also prays about a street that they feel like we should go do doors on. Well, they picked a street and we left their home to go do doors this last week. We have seen crazy things happen since the Stelter family has started to pray for us. We started doing doors there and we got yelled at by three people that first night. . .one lady telling us that this not right that we go door to door and that she is Christian and we do not see her going door to door and she just kept yelling at us. Then someone else yelled at us. And, then another day we went back to that street and a lady yelled at us through her window and so on. We keep saying "well somebody must be here because Satan is sure trying to stop us from knocking on this street."

Anyways, though we have been yelled at we have also seen miracles happen since the Stelter family has started to pray for us. We have been making out appointments with people we have met on the streets...Though all but one of those appointments have fallen through. Every time a miracle happens we count that as a sick point and report it to our zone leader.

Well, Herr Gruber was this man we made an appointment with on the street and so on Saturday we went to his home. Well, on the street we forgot to ask him for his name, so when we got to the apartment complex we were just going to treat it like doors til we found him. Well, nobody was home and we did not know his name and so we were about to leave to go eat lunch when we saw this man walking down the street. . . we were both like, that is him!

He was like I live in number 15 not 22, so we were at the wrong door doing klingals and he invited us into his home. He is from Austria and is a devoted Catholic and so he did not come to church on Sunday because that is when he has church at the same time, although he is very open to us and is going to read and pray about the Book of Mormon!! I am way excited because this is my first investigatior!!!!!!

Well, that is about all for this week! So many wonderful things are in store here in Rostock. Rostock is known in Germany to have the hightest percent of Atheist in Germany and I believe it from all the people we talk to every day. But, by meeting and making appointments with people, I know there are people here prepared to hear the gospel. Even though I cannot really speak German or understand people I felt the spirit so strong in our appointment with Herr Gruber. I was able to understand and testify of the truth to him, and by doing so, I know he felt that spirit. I know the Lord will give me the gift to communicate with these people through the gift of tongues when he has prepared them to hear this gospel!!

This is the true church, the only true church and I am grateful to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love y'all

Sister Brittany Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment