Monday, May 23, 2011

25 lessons ... oh yeah!

Meine Familie,
Oh wow…So much has happened this week….I guess I can just start off by Monday. So we did Sport for P-day last Monday and played some American Football. It was so funny because one of the Elders threw me the ball and I caught it and got so excited that I said “ Now what” and they all yelled “RUN” then they all started laughing and was like and “you’re the one from Texas.”

Sister McCall, Sister Risenmay, me

Tuesday I got my haircut…It is really short now. This member in our ward Schwester Pops cut it.
Anyways…Sister McCall and I had a goal of 24 lessons this week and well we got 25. dang!! It was sweet…we went by this less active, Sandra. She usually never lets us in, we only talk to her outside her door, but this time she let us in and we were there for a while…. And to our surprise she actually let us share a spiritual thought!! Miracle 1!!!
We also have this investigator (really sweet old lady) named Frau Gaebert! She is awesome and we teach her about once a week!
Valentine and the game we played with him
As for our awesome family … I believe I have talked a little about them… Valerie is from Peru and her husband is from Germany…They have a five year old son, Valentine, and a two year old daughter, Emily. They are so fun and I got to eat some sweet Peruvian food this week!! Yum. We are working on giving them the Book of Mormon, but right now the mom just likes us to talk to Valentine about God and we tell him stories from the bible…Next time though we are going to sneak in some stories about Joseph Smith and then get the Book of Mormon out… They are so awesome.  Last time we told Valentine that Jesus was his brother and he just started crying…and he was so heart broken that he is his brother…It was so sad. But we will work on that.
We have a new baptism….Her name is Nadine. I believe I have also told y’all a little about her!! She is so awesome. We actually asked her about a week and half ago to be baptized…but she said she was not sure. We were thinking that maybe it could be because of her fiancé. Anyways, we then saw her at institute on Tuesday and she told us that Sven, her fiancé told her that he does not care what she does with her life…just as long as she is with him. .. We were then like…sweet, we are totally going to ask her again to be baptized. So then our next appointment with her on Thursday…we asked her again. So she lives in Leipzig during the week for school and work, but goes home to Hanover every weekend and goes to church every Sunday there.  Her best friend is a member there and so she was like I think the 12th of June would be awesome, but I want to talk to my best friend first. So she pretty much committed to June 12th and she will be baptized in Hanover, so we are going to see if we can get permission to go there as well! We are so stoked!
Leipzig Zone
We did have zone conference on Friday and I did get my package!! Thank you very much!!! And I loved the Swedish fish, because you cannot get those in Germany!!!!!!!!!!!
A couple more things….we went to Young Womens on Sunday and talked to them about why we came on missions and what you can do to prepare for one and it was just so neat…and I got complimented on my German for the first time!! That was super exciting.
I love it so much out here spreading the gospel to everyone and it helps a lot to have an awesome companion, Sister McCall to help make it even better!!! Oh yeah and she is from Shoreline Washington.
For other things.,… congratulations to Jessica (cousin)  and also Happy Birthday to the May birthdays Kiersten, David, and Eric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And the flowers in the pictures are from Mothers day and could you try to get Frau Hanes address for me… I would love to write her!!!

Any ways, Love y’all!!!
Sister Britt!
p.s. One thing I do not like about Germany is my name…Brittany is not a German name and so when I tell someone my first name the first thing they say is “oh, like Britney Spears”.  I am like “NO” ... seriously everyone says that….It drives me crazy!! I do not like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment