We received two letters from Brittany this week...the first in the mail, and then one by email on Thursday. Her prep-day is Thursday and so that is when we will expect emails. Because I haven't been able to cut and paste her email, I will include excerpts from the letter and email here. If you would like to receive emails of her letters, please let me know. I have included me email in an earlier post. She would also LOVE letters from you. Her address is included on the right or letters can be sent through http://dearelder.com.
October 31, 2010
...My feelings with the MTC varies every once in awhile, but I'm still hanging in there. It doesn't really feel like I'm on a mission ... all we really do is eat, go to class, eat, go to class, etc.
My companion is Schwester Peltier from Vernal, Utah... Also sharing our room is Schwester Browne and Schwester Smith. Browne is from Ireland and we are so much alike, not to mention her awesome accent. She is a convert of 20 months. We all entered the MTC on Wednesday and are all going to Berlin. We sure do love to laugh. In fact, someone who spoke on Wednesday said "if you're not laughing, you're doing it wrong." ...
I've just finished my fourth day and I'm so overwhelmed. I'm trying to understand a learn German, but it's not coming to me. Our teachers spend a lot of time just speaking German and I never know what's going on. ...I'm just so lost right now and keep praying that this language comes to me. ... Hopefully today is much better. Everyone says that once you get to Sunday things get so much better. Anyways, I miss y'all and I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I really do need a hug.
Always,
Schwester Brittany Anderson
Nov. 4th, 2010
Guten Tag Familie,
...Can I just say I love dear elder ... (http://dearelder.com) ...so Mom you should spread that around to people, maybe on my blog.
So I guess I'll begin this letter starting with Sunday and oh Sunday turned everything around here at the MTC. I was having a hard time and was too overwhelmed that I kept praying that things will get better and I can have the spirit with me always. Sunday we had church and yes, it was in German. ..I was so glad Pres. Curtis did not call me up to give my talk I had prepared. Every Sunday we have to have a talk prepared in German and we don't find out who is speaking until after the Sacrament has been passed. ... I was still having a difficult time with the language and so Pres. Curts talked to me privately. He told me that the best Sister missionaries that go to Germany and can't really speak German never fail because they know the true reason why they are out there and that is to invite others to come unto Christ and we put our trust in Christ that we may speak by the gift of tongues ... he told me that everytime I see him I need to say something new in German to him. I have made it my goal this week to bear my testimony in German by Saturday to someone. I know the Lord will bless me with the gift if I do my part in practicing and studying the gospel every day.
... We played san volleyball for gym and it was a blast... I have drank the chocolate milk and it is very good. LOL ...
Tuesday the spirit was so strong I conducted my companionship inventory with my companion and she and I grew to understand one another ... I feel more confident with the language, but it is still pretty difficult and everyone is amazing ... Tuesdays we have firesides and guess who came!!! Elder Ballard ... it was so amazing when he walked in because we all stand when an apostle of the Lord walks in and we were in the middle of singing Praise to the Man watching an apostle of the Lord take his seat before us. The thing that stood out to me the most was when he said "your smile is your most powerful tool".
Anyways, I love y'all and bear testimony to y'all that this is the True Church of God and I know that I will grow from serving him everyday ... I love that it is just gospel 24/7 here and I am so honored to get to listen to Elder Ballard that is blessed us missionaries with the gift of spiritual communication ... I know Jesus Christ loves us ...
Please write me. I do love letters and only get to check this (her email) on Thursdays...
I love y'all,
Sister Anderson
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment