meine familie,
Romans 15:4 "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."
I love this scripture, I read it in my personal study this week and thought that there has to be people out here that are ready to receive our message... there are so many people that I meet every day on the street that do not have any hope in their lives at all. Most people wonder why God would let bad things happen. If only they will read the Book of Mormon.
| Sister Christenson, Judith, and I |
| Sister Calder and I |
This week we have met so many interesting people on the street. I have had a cold all week and I am now just getting over it. . we were talking to these two guys on their bikes and I was like sniffing and one pulls out a tissue for me. It was pretty funny. We also met this guy in the park and we talked to him forever, pretty much taught him the plan of salvation. He is like a buddist and had some pretty weird ideas, and then he gave us his business card for this weird like Indian store. We also passed this group of dads at the park and we overheard them say "oh there goes those people who go door to door, they're a sect" and then we also stopped and talked to a guy who apparently we have talked to before and he yelled at us and said "do you not have anything better to do then to terrorize people? who would ever want to join a sect". . .
So this is just the beginning of the people we have met on the street this week. .. We met this guy from Algeria. I stopped him and of course, I was speaking German at because we do not just assume people can speak English. And he got really weird. He was like "Sister Anderson, Do you have a problem with me? And how did you know I speak English." First of all, I did not know he spoke English at all until he said that. and then he went on " you're from the church and America, what did you think I was drinking, I am muslim and I do not drink." At this point he held up a can of soda and then Sister Christenson came in an tried to talk about the Book of Mormon. .. . it just got even weirder from there. He turned back to me and was like "you have a very dark soul and your eyes are empty and I can tell that you have something missing from yourself . . " and I was just like, no actually I am very happy with myself and very content with my life. . and then he was like "they all say that"... this guy was really weird and every time Sister Christenson would try to distract him with something about the Book of Mormon. . he just turned back to me to tell me something else that was wrong with me. . . He was by far the weirdest I think I have every talked to on the street.
We also had an appointment with this guy on the street because he did not want meet with us anywhere else. . . We were surprised that he actually showed up to the appointment we set up on the street. I really do not know how to discribe him, but it was the weirdest appointment ever. At the end he was like " I just want to end by saying, there is one God and he has no son". Sister Christenson and I were both like, we are not ending on that note, so we got hime to say a prayer with us on the street.
| The little girl of the family we are teaching. |
We are also teaching this family from Serberu (actually I do not know how to spell it) but I believe I have told y'all that they are gypsies. They are very difficult to teach because the kids are everywhere and so one of us has to try and distract the kids while the other one tries and gets at least one principal taught. . . We are going to try and get them to go outside and do an active lesson teaching the plan of salvation with chalk. Hopefully this goes much better than the other way. They are an awesome family and we just have to keep them focused because their attention span is like 10 seconds for the parents and the kids.
I got to experience a German moving day. Schwester Sheppan was moving to a smaller appartment and her daughter was moving into her old one. When Germans move, everything gets taken out of the apartment. . and I mean everything. It did not help tthe fact that Schwester Sheppan lived on the 7th floor and there are only stairs. . . We were very sore and tired after that move. Wow.
So that was really sad news about Brother Budge. I am very sad that I will not get to see him after my mission. I will be writing Sister Budge a letter. It brought tears to my eyes to hear that news. Brother Budge was like my dad away from home and I enjoyed my time with him and his wife. I can not believe this happened. I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and that life does not just end at death.
I have a favor to ask mom.. . .I was wondering if you could email Sister Chase (the one who emailed you) and send her her the Sunday cake recipe before Friday. The elders and me and Sister Christenson are cooking Bruder Schmidt and his wife dinner because he invites us over every week to eat and they really do not have much money at all. So we are making him and his wife dinner. So I am wanting to make Sunday cake and if you can send it to Sister Chase before Friday that would be great.
I just want to say. . . so many awful things are going on back home. . . Deaths, illnesses, etc, I am just so grateful that we are all part of God's plan and that we have the truth and the gospel. It gives us hope and reassurance. I love the church. . I have a testimony that it is true. It touches lives and brings peace and comfort to those in need.
I love y'all and everyone is always in my prayers.
Love Sister Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment