Meine Familie,
| Transfer day -- me, Sister Christenson, and Bekky Fromling |
Wow, This week has been crazy. . . Even though I am in my third transfer, now I finally got to experience the really transfer day. I am still in Rostock as I mentioned last week, but I had to say goodbye to my mommy (aka my trainer). Sister Christenson. We had some really tough times as a companionship, but we always ended the day having a blast doing the work. I do miss her, and I was really scared of getting a new companion. But before I get into too much detail about that.. . Germany is really a magical place. . . I have discovered that spring really is coming and flowers are popping up everywhere.
People out on the street seem a lot more happy and more willing to listen since the weather change. We also come across a lot of tourists now, which makes things difficult. Rostock is a pretty tourist spot with Warnemuda
and other fun things to do. . not to mention that there is also a circus in town right now, or should I say Zirkus!
| One of the "rainbow" streets in Rostock |
| "Wedding march" in Warnemuda |
| Elder Cox, Bruder Schmidt, Elder Goliash, Mutti Sister Christenson, me |
So anyways back on topic . . Monday night we met with Bruder Schmidt and the Elders since it was Sister Christenson's and Elder Goliash's last night. It was a lot of fun, Then Tuesday came and we took Sister Christenson to the train station. I was sad to see her go and I would be hanging out with the senior sisters until my new companion arrived. I was kind of feeling homesick (mainly because the last two weeks I have seen so many people with Down syndrome) and also I was dead scared to get a new companion. So, Elder Cox and Elder Throlley gave me a blessing about an hour after Sister Christenson left and a few hours before Sister Jeffrey arrived.
So any ways. Sister Jeffrey goes home in September and she is from St. George, Utah. She does kind of intimidate me, but that is mainly because our personalities are so different. Although I am learning to love her because I do not want to have a dreadful companionship. I know that as I learn to love and serve her, then the missionary work will be alot more successful as we talk and teach other people.
We also have a two new goldens in our district (but that is not the meaning of the golden in the subject). Elder Elmer is in Rostock and is with Elder Cox and then we have another Elder in Grifswald. I will not be meeting that elder until district meeting.
I have alot of cool stories to tell from this last week. . with my new companion. First of all. . . I understand German almost completely now and I can speak and communicate with people so much better. I absolutely love it. Elder Elmer was like "wow you have been here three months and can do that", so I have given him some hope as well. lol.
But anyways, Cool story. . . Sister Jeffrey and I went out to talk to people in Innerstadt (which is where all the shopping is) and we were getting ready to go catch our bahn to go back home to eat lunch. . . We had just made out an appointment with this one lady. . . Well, just a few mintures later, as we were standing there waiting . . . this different lady comes running up to us and says, "Bist du Mormom?" We were like ya and then she asked if we spoke english and so we spoke english with her. . . She then went on to tell us that just over a year ago she met two sisters just like us and they gave her a Book of Mormon. She then went back home to Cuba to visit her family when she received a phone call from a young man (an elder). She then told the man that she was not in Germany at the moment, but to please call her back in a month or so. . . Nobody ever called her back and so she lost contact. ...
And that is when we come into the picture. . . She saw us standing there and ran up to us. She was so excited to find us and was eager to set up an appointment. She kept saying, "I want to learn more, I want to!". We have found a super awesome golden investigator named, Noraime. She is totally ready and excited to learn. We are meeting with her tomorrow for the first time and are going to ask her to be baptized on April 30th. We are way stoked and this was like the coolest thing that has ever happened to me on the mission!!! I am way excited. Please keep her in your prayers. She has searched for us for a year now and could not find us and she finally did.
Other than that, not really anything else has really happend. I superly wanted to tell that story!!!! I am so excited to hopefully be getting my first baptism with a woman who has been getting prepared to finally meet with us. The Lord has sent her to us and I can truly testify that there is a God. That the Book of Mormon is powerful and I have seen how it has touched this woman's heart and soul. I know this to be the true church and I truly believe that miracles do happen.
| First truck I have seen in Germany! Sweet ... |
Never miss an opportunity to share the Gospel. I love y'all
love, Sister Britt Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment