Subject: Miracles are from God
Meine Familie,
What a week.... So much happened and so much I would love to say! On Monday we went to Dresden with our District to go to the Christmas Market there because it is the oldest and first Christmas Market in Germany. It was lots of fun! We also saw the Frauen Kirche while there...This is a famous church here because during the war this church was bombed and one wall was left standing...If you notice from the pictures I sent that the wall that is black was the wall left standing. They rebuilt the church leaving the standing wall in it's rightful spot. It is so amazing inside, but we were not allowed to take pictures inside..Amazing though. The Church has some awesome history.
While in Dresden I tried some Kinder Punsch..which is a drink that is super yummy and is for the holidays. It is called children punch translated...which pretty much means...it is a drink with no alcohol.
On Tuesday we had District meeting in Görlitz and then did District Finding...Sister Olsen and I talked to alot of people and then finally the last lady we talked to had interest in meeting!!! God loves us!!! We then headed back to Cottbus and ended up having some falling out appointments and then met with Chrys. He is one of the African people we are meeting with and we are teaching him German. It is always fun because I get to learn more as well...or improve more! Alot of our student investigators are not able to go home for the holidays. It is sad, but we hope they are still doing something fun!!
On Wednesday we met with Schwester Leuchner. She is an older lady in the ward and super nice. We had lunch with her and she is super excited to have us come over on the 2nd day of Christmas. Germany has 3 days of Christmas...the first day is December 24 which is called Heiligabend (Holy Evening), the second day is Dec. 25 which is 1st day of Christmas and the third day is Dec. 26th which is the 2nd day of Christmas. This weekend is going to be fun.
The rest of Wednesday was a great day. We went to visit Frau Chahin. We read in 2nd Nephi 31 and talked about being baptized by authority. We asked her if she wanted to be baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God...she said yes. ...Sister Olsen and I were both in shock and were seriously speechless. Well, one of us had to say something, so I bore my testimony and continued to set a date with her for January 29th. We are really happy, but were not expecting that answer!!! We sure were surprised.
What a week.... So much happened and so much I would love to say! On Monday we went to Dresden with our District to go to the Christmas Market there because it is the oldest and first Christmas Market in Germany. It was lots of fun! We also saw the Frauen Kirche while there...This is a famous church here because during the war this church was bombed and one wall was left standing...If you notice from the pictures I sent that the wall that is black was the wall left standing. They rebuilt the church leaving the standing wall in it's rightful spot. It is so amazing inside, but we were not allowed to take pictures inside..Amazing though. The Church has some awesome history.
While in Dresden I tried some Kinder Punsch..which is a drink that is super yummy and is for the holidays. It is called children punch translated...which pretty much means...it is a drink with no alcohol.
On Tuesday we had District meeting in Görlitz and then did District Finding...Sister Olsen and I talked to alot of people and then finally the last lady we talked to had interest in meeting!!! God loves us!!! We then headed back to Cottbus and ended up having some falling out appointments and then met with Chrys. He is one of the African people we are meeting with and we are teaching him German. It is always fun because I get to learn more as well...or improve more! Alot of our student investigators are not able to go home for the holidays. It is sad, but we hope they are still doing something fun!!
On Wednesday we met with Schwester Leuchner. She is an older lady in the ward and super nice. We had lunch with her and she is super excited to have us come over on the 2nd day of Christmas. Germany has 3 days of Christmas...the first day is December 24 which is called Heiligabend (Holy Evening), the second day is Dec. 25 which is 1st day of Christmas and the third day is Dec. 26th which is the 2nd day of Christmas. This weekend is going to be fun.
The rest of Wednesday was a great day. We went to visit Frau Chahin. We read in 2nd Nephi 31 and talked about being baptized by authority. We asked her if she wanted to be baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God...she said yes. ...Sister Olsen and I were both in shock and were seriously speechless. Well, one of us had to say something, so I bore my testimony and continued to set a date with her for January 29th. We are really happy, but were not expecting that answer!!! We sure were surprised.
Later that day we had an appointment with Ram. He is the Russian man that came to church and does not speak any Engish or German. Before we went to the appointment I went and bought a german to russian dictionary...not really knowing how much that would help. We got there and he let us in and signaled for us to sit down. We were all sitting on the couch when I noticed he did not have a DVD player. Since we can not talk to him, our plan was to give him the Book of Mormon and watch the Restoration in Russian...that plan fell out. We pulled out the Book of Mormon in Russian, but he would not take it...he then walked to the cupboard and pulled out a copy of the Book of Mormon. At this point we really needed someone who could speak russian. No one in our ward speaks russian and so we could not call any of them. I then thought about Irakli...this member in Leipzig. I immediately called the Leipzig sisters to get his number...a miracle. It turned out that Irakli was there with the sisters at that very moment and we got Irakli to talk to the man on the phone and than Irakli told me that this man was super interested. After I got off the phone my heart sank because this man is so interested and wanting to learn and we could not talk to him. We then opened up his russian Book of Mormon to some baptism scriptures and showed him pictures that we had of baptism and Jesus. As Sister Olsen was showing him scriptures and pictures...I was sitting on the other side of the couch with the german to russian dictionary...I then wrote the word Baptism in Russian and then Febuary 26th in Russian. We then wrote, based on what we found in the dictionary, will you be baptized? As soon as I showed him the paper his eyes lit up and he smiled so big and shook his head yes!!! At that moment joy filled my body and I knew that the spirit was there speaking to this man. I feel so bad though because he came to church yesterday and he sat there for the first two hours and he does not understand anything and then for Sacrament meeting they were watching a film and so I took him out to a different room and had him watch Joy to the World in Russian so he can understand something. He then came to the Christmas concert yesterday at the church too. We are working on trying to find somebody who can help us teach him in Russian...or at least help us understand what he is feeling or thinking. But I am so excited for him!!!
We then met with Arinze (another one of our african investigators). We were having a great appointment with him and were leading us up to asking him to be baptized. We were at the point of talking about recieving answers to prayers and Arinze had some questions about that. He then asked us how long he as to wait for his answer because he has asked God for something but has not yet got it...we asked him what he is wanting...he then said, "A woman". We had a discussion on maybe he needs to change his question a little bit or something...and other stuff. But it was an interesting appointment.
We met with Frau Baruk on Thursday and she is doing really good. She came to the ward Christmas party on Saturday with her daughter-in-law and grandson, Alex. It went really good.
We than met with Jennyl...the guy from the Philipines. He is cool..but he is an awkward guy. He always does a weird laugh..kind of like a nervous laugh or something and so it makes lessons with him weird.
Friday was alot of fun...we went to Leipzig for Zone Conference and I got to eat a vanille donut...they are what Leipzig is like famous for!!! I was happy to be back for one day. We went to Zone Conference and I got to see Sister Chase ...she is flying home now. We did a Christmas exchange...every missionary had to bring a gift that was 2.50 or less and we set them on the chairs and played musical chairs and when the music stops you sit in the chair and open the gift that you have there. To my surprise...I got a piggy bank...out of all the gifts...I ended up with a pig...who would have thought. I am not complaining though. It was very fun and I got to see a couple of the members from Leipig who came to make lunch for all the missionaries!!! It was fun! And yes, I did get your packages and the presents are sitting under the Christmas tree in our apartment.
We then met with Arinze (another one of our african investigators). We were having a great appointment with him and were leading us up to asking him to be baptized. We were at the point of talking about recieving answers to prayers and Arinze had some questions about that. He then asked us how long he as to wait for his answer because he has asked God for something but has not yet got it...we asked him what he is wanting...he then said, "A woman". We had a discussion on maybe he needs to change his question a little bit or something...and other stuff. But it was an interesting appointment.
We met with Frau Baruk on Thursday and she is doing really good. She came to the ward Christmas party on Saturday with her daughter-in-law and grandson, Alex. It went really good.
We than met with Jennyl...the guy from the Philipines. He is cool..but he is an awkward guy. He always does a weird laugh..kind of like a nervous laugh or something and so it makes lessons with him weird.
Friday was alot of fun...we went to Leipzig for Zone Conference and I got to eat a vanille donut...they are what Leipzig is like famous for!!! I was happy to be back for one day. We went to Zone Conference and I got to see Sister Chase ...she is flying home now. We did a Christmas exchange...every missionary had to bring a gift that was 2.50 or less and we set them on the chairs and played musical chairs and when the music stops you sit in the chair and open the gift that you have there. To my surprise...I got a piggy bank...out of all the gifts...I ended up with a pig...who would have thought. I am not complaining though. It was very fun and I got to see a couple of the members from Leipig who came to make lunch for all the missionaries!!! It was fun! And yes, I did get your packages and the presents are sitting under the Christmas tree in our apartment.
On Saturday we had a Ward Christmas Party which was fun. In Germany, fairy tales play a big role with Christmas. People act out the Grimm Brother tales for the children and so our ward put on a play and did Sleeping Beauty. We also enjoyed hearing some Christmas songs and poems and stories that people read. After the play..Santa Claus came and visited. But the fun thing about the tradition in Germany is that the children have to have a small christmas story or poem memorized or a song...or they can play an instrument. It is tradition that when Santa calls your name, instead of telling Santa what you want he will ask you if you have prepared something for him and then you recite a poem or sing a song for him and then he will give you a gift. Santa even called us up there and Sister Olsen and I sang Rudolph the Red nose raindeer. It was really fun.
On Sunday we had church and then that night we had the Christmas Concert. It was so amazing because so many people came. I wish I could have talked to all the nonmembers that came,but it was awesome, plus some of our investigators came. It was a great evening.
So things are going so well, and I wish y'all a merry christmas!!!!!!
love Sister Britt
On Sunday we had church and then that night we had the Christmas Concert. It was so amazing because so many people came. I wish I could have talked to all the nonmembers that came,but it was awesome, plus some of our investigators came. It was a great evening.
So things are going so well, and I wish y'all a merry christmas!!!!!!
love Sister Britt
No comments:
Post a Comment