Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 3:12 AM
Subject: Happy New Year

Meine Familie,

Wowsers...where to even start. I know I seem to say that every week, but it seems like each week just keeps speeding up and I have to reflect back on the many things that happened. I feel like I have not even been here in Cottbus for the whole week...which part of that is very true.

On Monday we spent the day with Schwester Leuchner for the 2nd day of Christmas. It ws fun and we ate once again super yummy food and just visited forever with her and her Granddaughter and Grandson. It was super fun and guess what she gave us for Christmas...Tights!!! hahah...I think it is funny that alot of members have given us tights or nylons for Christmas..well...it will help me get through one more winter here. Although...so far this winter has not been bad...not like last year. We do not have snow yet here in Cottbus...it has been rainy and some days are very, very cold and some days are alright.
That evening we went to the church and met with Chiyu. He is doing good...continued reading in the Book of Mormon with him and he is almost done with the Isaiah chapters in 2nd Nephi. I think he is happy to get done with those chapters because they are difficult to understand.

Tuesday was a bit crazy...we did a lot of cleaning and Sister Olsen finished up her packing. We went and visited Chrys and taught him some German and then came back and just relaxed for a moment and did last minute things and then got on the train to go to Eisenhüttenstadt. Sister Olsen was very sad to be leaving Cottbus, her first city, but I told her it only gets better from here on out. I would for sure say that my time here as a missionary..there are, for sure, hard days and difficult things to do, but I know that this is the Lord's and I am always ready and willing to go to where he needs me to be.
 
We arrived and Sister Neukomm and Lanctot were there to wait for us and we went to their apartment. I slept at their apartment that evening and then the next day we went to Berlin for District meeting. All of us went to the Tiergarten sisters' apartment for lunch and just some chillin out time before we went more into the city of Berlin where we all met the Goldens and took them out to do some street contacting for the first time. The Golden who came with me was Sister Noyes. Little did we know that the next day I would be taking her back to Cottbus with me. It was fun and I would be honest to say I was overwhelmed at the amount of people in Berlin that you could talk to. I would say that it was too many people and I could not serve in a huge city like that...wow! But it was fun...later that night Sister Risenmay, Stewart, and me went and met President at the hotel and took the Sisters who did not get the chance earlier to do street contacting. We then headed back to the Tiergarten apartment and 5 of us trainers were going to be sleeping there that night. It was fun.

Well, the next day was Thursday and we all headed over to one of the church buildings in Berlin and we had a little training meeting. The training program is different and they just changed it. At first I was a little overwhelmed with it, but I think I am starting to get the hang of it. After our little training meeting, the Goldens came and we had a little Golden Conference and they announced who would be with who. So I am serving with Sister Noyes. She is from a military family and so she has moved around alot. She is from Arizona as of right now though. I would say that I am starting to figure out this training thing. In some ways I still feel like I am golden and that it was just yesterday that I arrived in Germany, but I am getting it figured out. After Golden Conference we went to the train station and headed back to Cottbus. I am happy to be back. We went home and I let her unpack a little bit and then we went and visited Schwester Lehman. It was a surprise and her friend, Annett was there with her family (they are not members) and so we stayed awhile and played some games and got to know Schwester Lehman's friends a little better. It was really fun. We then talked to people on the way home and made an appointment with this guy from India. He is cool. Sister Noyes is scared to talk to people right now...but I will get her started with that.

On Friday we went to Görlitz for district meeting and then, when we came back, we went and visited Frau Baruk and then taught Chrys German later that night. On Saturday we met with Talent. It has been forever since we have met with some of these people because of the Christmas break and so I am happy to start meeting with some of them more regularly now. Talent is doing awesome and he is so Gold. We are going to get him on a bapismal date soon. YAY! That evening we went over to the Weilert family's home for a New Years Eve get together..some other ward members came. It was fun. No different traditions than in America. They sit and visit, eat food, set off fireworks, play games - just like here. It was fun, they drove us home at 9:30 and then we were so tired so we went straight to bed. ...yes I slept through the new year and it was wonderful!!!

But Happy New Year to everyone...so much is going to be going on..Not ready for this...But I wish a happy late Birthday to Blake, and then a happy early Birthday to Mom!!!! and also I am actually mailing those packages today...and I am not mailing the book one yet and so Mom and Dad you should only expect one in the mail.

Also, I talked with Sister Risenmay and it turns out that she extended and so she is flying home the same time I am flying home and so we are going to be arriving in the San Antonio airport the same time...so we figured we would probably be released at the same time and we would not mind a nice Texas BBQ either..lol. You should somehow get in contact with her family. lol. But any ways....I am also saying this because she is going to be going up to BYU Idaho and so I can room with her...that means do not do anything with housing yet. Because I will be getting that with her and her sister and some of her cousins will be rooming with us too. But yeah...Just letting you know!!

Anyways, I love y'all and hope you have a fantastic week and Happy New Year!!!

love Sister Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment