Monday, January 16, 2012

A wonderous work and a glory

Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 2:04 AM
Subject: A wonderous work and a glory

Meine Familie,

Well, no crazy stories like last week but, it was a great week and I love and love missionary work more and more everyday. I could do this for a life time!!! haha.
So this week we did teach a German class..but this time we had more students than just Chrys. It was really fun and I look forward to this class becoming more of a finding tool!!! Chiyu also came to this class. He is doing awesome and he reminds me every time he sees me that he has not yet got an email from Eric...lol...I keep telling him it is coming.

We also went and visited Bruder Gröschke this week. He is so funny. I will say that one of the most disgusting drinks I have every drunk is Karo Koffee which, I think in English, is spelled Caro Coffee. It is coffee that is ok to drink and a lot of members here in Germany drink it. Well, when someone gives you something you drink it with happiness, even if you do not like it. I do not know how many cups of caro coffee I have drunk at his house...but he always seems to refill my cup. How nice of him.

Wednesday was a really awesome day. We had an appointment with this guy named DJ. His roommates were all home and so we taught them all. It was a lot of fun and they are all going to be coming to our German class. We also went back yesterday to bring more Books of Mormon because they all wanted one. The work of the Lord is awesome!! There names are DJ, AB, and Sean.

We also have contact once again with Bezhan. He is doing awesome. Still a big communication problem...but I think his German is gettting better and not so much of his english. We were just happy to see him again because it has been over a month since we had contact.

We also saw Frau Chahin this week. We had to push her baptism date to Feb. 26th. We are really just working with her to have a desire to come to church and not her other church. She has a big desire to be baptized with the authority of God, but not to come to the church in which the authority belongs to. It is a bit fustrating at times. Later we did doors and door and door and after door of every one rejecting us...seeing someone in their boxers and interrupting someone from breaking the law of chastity (I think that explains it good enough) we finally said a prayer and made two new appointments - One with this cool guy from Yemen. He is muslim, but was interested in a Book of Mormon. We brought it to him, but unfortuantly he is super busy with exams and will be moving to Switerland for an internship in a month. We then had an appointment with a girl named Josephine who is from Africa. We were teaching her the Joseph Smith story and she was like, "I was just talking to my friend earlier today about how there are just so many churches!" She is so gold and we gave her a Book of Mormon and she said she will read in it...sadly she said that she will just call us when she has a question. I really pray she calls us.

Friday, I went to Dresden for a Leadership training. It was a meeting for Trainers, District Leaders and Zone Leaders. It was a lot of fun and we are going to start putting more of a push on Preach my Gospel and it is going to be awesome!! Sister Noyes went out with the other Goldens during that time and did finding. She said she had a lot of fun and was really proud of herself because she talked to some people and said that she had no idea what they were saying to her, but had fun with it anyways. I am proud of her too! Though Friday was pretty funny because we had to get up at 6 in the morning to catch our train to Dresden, about a 2 hour train ride, we got onto the bus to get to the train and our bus breaks down so, we had to run about a fourth of a mile or more to catch our train at 6:30 in the morning. Then coming back home from Dresden, our train breaks down and we had an appointment that night so once we got back to Cottbus, we had to run to our appointment...lots of running. Sister Noyes says she is so exhausted and looked at me and said, "How are you so awake and still smiling?" I just kind of laugh because deep down I am so exhausted as welll...but I just do not really show it.

On Saturday we went to see if we can get in contact with some less actives... I looked up their address and we walked to where the address said. Well, the address led us straight to a Catholic Church..interesting. I wonder if our Bishop knows that the address on the ward list is a Catholic Church. Well...I do not think we will be finding those less actives...on to the next ones.

Church was really fun and one of the members came up to me and said, "I think it is so funny watching you and your companion because when you walk really fast, she has to run". It is because Sister Noyes is really short and so when I walk fast she has to run to keep up with me and the ward members think it is funny to watch us walking with each other. lol.
Well, the last thing on the week was really cool. Sunday morning I felt the impression that I needed to put a Russian Book of Mormon in my backpack and so I did. . . well, we had an eating appointment with Sch. Lehman and at the end she asked me if we were able to get a hold of a Russian Book of Mormon because she had a friend that wanted one. I smiled and was like...well, I actually have one in my backpack and she was so excited! Yesterday was great because we gave away four Book of Mormons!! how exciting!

I will say that life as a trainer is exhausting, but it is a lot of fun. We have this booklet that is called "The first 12 weeks" and it is an outline of what we want to focus on each week that she is a Golden. So, every week we have different things that I teach her during study time and then she does it that week. It is kind of nice to have some kind of outline. The goal is to turn the goldens into master teachers and be able to train by their 3rd transfer. Ahh..scary.

Umm...to mom, I do not know about apartment. Sister Risenmay told me that she was going to be taking care of that stuff her first two weeks that she got back. I do not know. I will see her in a couple weeks and I could ask her about it. Maybe I can get her mom's email address and you can get in contact with her.
And as far as extending goes...I have thought about it and I would really love to, I just do not know how it will work with regeristering for classes because we figured I would be back in time for that and so I did not leave the information with y'all. Plus, I do not even remember how many credits I already have and so I have no idea when I would be able to regester. So I would love to extend, I just do not know how it will work out. That is why I have not said anything about it. And I could be a missionary for another year...and I would too..if I was able to.haha.

I was not planning on going back and working at Six Flags...and I would like to be an EFY counselor. I know that Scott Cobabe did it once and at the moment I cannot think of any one else. Thank you for the scarf and head thing...I like them. That is cool that you made them, I had no idea!

I think the boots I bought are actually pretty good...they were on sale and that is why I got them and they will still work in Rexburg. I am taking good care of them.

Any ways, we have a great week planned and I am excited for more miracles and more adventures!!! I love y'all and hope y'all have a fantastic week!!!

Sister Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment