Thursday, April 21, 2011

Eventful week

Meine Familie, 
 
This week I will say was much better than last. First of all . . . our investigator Thomas is doing so awesome. The last time we met with him he walked in and said "I want to say the prayer this time". We were stunned at this and were so happy to hear him pray at the beginning of our appointment. He is doing awesome and we are really praying to get him on a baptismal date. . no later than this week. I am so excited about this and that through teaching him I can really see how the gospel blesses lives.
 
A member we met with this week was RongLing, she is from China. Awesome girl and she is just really super stressed about school and so we try to stop in every once in a while to see her and give her a little spiritual thought. We also met with Sch. Schreiner and Judith. Judith is back from Scotland, but is leaving this Friday to go to Israel for a year. We are really worried because she has only been a member since December and will not have church all the time in Israel.. . the closest thing to her is the BYU center  and that is 2 and half  hours away. 


On Saturday night we celebrated Sister Jeffery’s 25th birthday. We went with the Elders to Petri Keller. .. it was the coolest place ever. It is only open on nights and is this old medieval restaurant. We had to go down underground to get to it. . . like a dungeon on a castle.. . and whatever you order you have to use your hands to eat. . .they only give you a bib and a knife and at the end they come and wash your hands by pouring water over them. That is not all. . . I ordered a bread soup bowl. . yes, I had to eat potato soup with my hands. . . it was so bad. Lol. At the end they give you a couple medieval games to do and if you win then you get a surprise. . none of us won, so I do not know what the surprise is. Then, when you are ready to pay they bring you three dices. … each person rolls. If you roll three ones then you get your food for free. If you roll three sixes then you have to get up on the table and dance until you make the waitress or waiter laugh. If you roll a straight you have to take your cups back to the kitchen your self. Well. . . I almost rolled three sixes. That was scary. . I got two sixes and a five. So glad I did not have to dance on the table. Lol. Lots of fun, we then went back to the church and had some cheese cake that I made for her birthday.
 
Sister Jeffrey's 25th birthday
Any ways, We also had district conference (stake conference) on Sunday. Elder Gesseti, ( Q. of the 70) spoke.  He is Italian. And it was way cool. I will have to forward Sister Pimentel's email because she sent me the picture of all the missionaries in my zone with him. Any ways it was way cool Our zone leader. . Elder Papeo. . he is from Italy as well, translated as Elder Gesseti spoke into German from Italian. It was cool.
 
Then Sunday night, back in Rostock, was really interesting. We got invited to go to a Jehovah's Witness Easter Service with the Elders. We went and my goodness, after that I realized there is for sure no doubt that our church is true… every thing we teach is just simple and makes sense. It was for sure an experience. . and here we were sitting in our rivals church. People liked swarmed us too. . . and were extra friendly to us because we were special guests. It was for sure weird sitting in there. We did see an investigator family there, the Zecerovic family. They are the gypsy family. They saw me and asked us to come by again. I was glad I got to see them there. Most likely I will never step foot in one of their churches again. Every thing they taught was just weird and the way they do sacrament is different too.  It was funny though. .. They purposely set us and the elders by some of their strongest members. Lol. And while the preacher was talking, Sister Jeffrey pulled out her Book of Mormon to look something up and the lady sitting next to her scooted away from her because of the book. Lol. It was funny.
 
Any ways… way to go Neil for losing weight. And as far as conference. . . we do not get satellite in Rostock and so we have to go to another city. So yeah. . the members go as well.
 
Easter is coming and I am so excited. Yes, Everyone has Easter trees here and they are decorated with Easter egg ornaments. I bought a little one for each of y’all. … and ornament. They are cool. I will have to take a picture of one of the trees.
 
As far as a package goes. . . no you really can not get graham crackers here in Germany.. but you do not have to send me any… Swedish fish would be awesome though. . . you can not get those here. But when you send me a package.. send it to the mission office… mainly because there is only two more weeks of this transfer and I am most likely getting transferred. I do not know what is going on for Mothers day because we are supposed to make arrangements in the city we are in right now, but if I get transferred I do not know what those arrangements are.
 
Anyways. I love y’all
 
“Let us run with patience the race that is set before us”   Hebrews 12:1
 
Sister Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment