Meine Familie,
This week has been an awesome week!!!!
And a very happy Easter (Froh Ostern) for all of y'all.
This week has been an awesome week!!!!
And a very happy Easter (Froh Ostern) for all of y'all.
This week as been awesome!!! We went to the zoo as a district on Monday and it was so fun... as you can maybe see from the pictures. The zoo here is so cool and big and it really does feel like you are walking through the wild. I love it.
So, we have gotten contact with Noriama... That is the awesome woman that ran up to us on the street from Cuba. She is so cool. We met with her this week and she was just full of questions about how we can dress, if we are allowed to date and wear makeup, and everything like that. It was so cute. She totally believes this is the church for her, but she cannot come to church for at least a month, so we are just meeting with her. But, once she is able to come to church, she is totally going to be baptized. Love it. And, she was like "give me anything and everything that you have in Spanish...I want to know everything. She is also really sick and so the elders are going to give her a blessing and she is like...yeah I want one. lol. Love her.
Anyways...I saw Judith for the last time this week...she has left to Israel for a year...but I will be keeping in contact with her. She is doing awesome and will for sure stay strong even though she will not really have any contact with the church. We met with Maria and Schwester Hageman today and they are doing great. One day I am sure Maria will be baptized...but she is just a little 10 year old right now. Her mother is not active. Because she went inactive around the time Maria was born and she put Maria in a Catholic school, Maria was baptized as a Catholic. Now that Schwester Hageman wants to come back into the church, she is having a difficult time getting Maria to come because Maria has grown up Catholic. We will keep meeting with the Hagemans though and help Maria realize the differece between her baptism and the baptism by the proper authority.
We do not have cars in Rostock for elders or sisters. It is just all public transportaion and walking. We have one family in our ward who have always been members, and the others range between 5 months to 15 years or more. People do talk about life when the DDR was in Germany...that is when the wall was up. I am in the East side which had never really been exposed to religion until the wall came down. People seem to make it sound like life was better with the DDR because it was safer, but the members here are so grateful that they are able to now be a part of the amazing church. It really is cool.
Anyways, Easter was so fun...we spent it with the Elders at the Eckloffs home. I do have pictures but I will try to get those sent to y'all soon. We went to the bay and walked around and had some yummy food and just visited and enjoyed the beautiful Easter weather in the country.
Kimberly will be an aweome Relief Society president and I am so excited for her. Wow...we have a bishop and a Relief Society president in the family...what is Eric's calling?
Anyways...I saw Judith for the last time this week...she has left to Israel for a year...but I will be keeping in contact with her. She is doing awesome and will for sure stay strong even though she will not really have any contact with the church. We met with Maria and Schwester Hageman today and they are doing great. One day I am sure Maria will be baptized...but she is just a little 10 year old right now. Her mother is not active. Because she went inactive around the time Maria was born and she put Maria in a Catholic school, Maria was baptized as a Catholic. Now that Schwester Hageman wants to come back into the church, she is having a difficult time getting Maria to come because Maria has grown up Catholic. We will keep meeting with the Hagemans though and help Maria realize the differece between her baptism and the baptism by the proper authority.
We do not have cars in Rostock for elders or sisters. It is just all public transportaion and walking. We have one family in our ward who have always been members, and the others range between 5 months to 15 years or more. People do talk about life when the DDR was in Germany...that is when the wall was up. I am in the East side which had never really been exposed to religion until the wall came down. People seem to make it sound like life was better with the DDR because it was safer, but the members here are so grateful that they are able to now be a part of the amazing church. It really is cool.
Anyways, Easter was so fun...we spent it with the Elders at the Eckloffs home. I do have pictures but I will try to get those sent to y'all soon. We went to the bay and walked around and had some yummy food and just visited and enjoyed the beautiful Easter weather in the country.
Kimberly will be an aweome Relief Society president and I am so excited for her. Wow...we have a bishop and a Relief Society president in the family...what is Eric's calling?
Yay for Grandma!!!! Cancer free!!!!! Yippie! And no, I did not know about Shauni's friend...tell me more about that. I loved the story from Eric about his bapitsm...too bad he is not in the Berlin mission.
Any ways... the work here is amazing and I am falling more and more in love with the work and how our message is so true. I know this is true and I am grateful that my family is being blessed back home and people here are being blessed too....I love y'all!!!! Keep on doing missionary work...the members really are the key to a lot of things!!! I love y'all so much. I am going to try and write a paper letter this week!!! By the way, transfer calls are on Saturday. I may be getting transfered...just be aware of that...so if you mail something this week....I may or may not get it. By next Monday, I will know for sure and transfer day is next Tuesday!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sister Britt Anderson
ps...dad is so funny...his whole email was about food. lol. I miss brisket!!!
Any ways... the work here is amazing and I am falling more and more in love with the work and how our message is so true. I know this is true and I am grateful that my family is being blessed back home and people here are being blessed too....I love y'all!!!! Keep on doing missionary work...the members really are the key to a lot of things!!! I love y'all so much. I am going to try and write a paper letter this week!!! By the way, transfer calls are on Saturday. I may be getting transfered...just be aware of that...so if you mail something this week....I may or may not get it. By next Monday, I will know for sure and transfer day is next Tuesday!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sister Britt Anderson
ps...dad is so funny...his whole email was about food. lol. I miss brisket!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment