Monday, June 13, 2011

Temple to Baptisms -- What more could you ask for in a week?!!!

Meine Familie,
So much has happened this week…where to even begin…. This for one has been a very busy, yet special week and ended on the best note ever.
First of all…last Monday we had a P-Day Omega because Elder Hale is going home so most of the Zone came to Leipzig to play sports and have a bbq. It was so much fun…not to mention I am getting much better at playing American Football. Lots of fun.
My ward Bishop is amazing…Bishop Muller and his wife are so sweet to us and every time we go over they are just so amazing…sorry, I just had to throw that into my email.
We have some really awesome ward members here…Robert is cool…he told Sister McCall that she is awesome because she taught Sister Risenmay how to be crazy and now she has taught me.  I told Robert that I was already crazy before I came here and he was like good…so then you will have to teach your next companion when Sister McCall leaves. It was funny.
On side note… We did have transfer calls on Saturday… Sister McCall and I are both staying in Leipzig…this is Sister McCall’s last transfer before she goes home.
Katrine is also an awesome member…she is a less active, but last Sunday she showed up to church because she wanted to go to the temple.  So, on Saturday she got to go to the temple for the first time!! We were so happy for her and then she came with Sister McCall and I to Hanover for Nadine’s baptism. It was so amazing… that Katrine is slowly starting to come back!!  

The Schmidt family in my ward are so awesome…they invited us over on Saturday night because they have a new Joseph Smith movie called, “Joseph Smith and the Golden Plates”.  It was a good movie…but I got to see it before any one in the United States because the actor in it is German and does not live far from Leipzig and gave the Schmidt family this movie…so it is not even out yet… It was fun.

Now for investigators… Valerie (the lady from Peru), she is slowly getting more and more interested…We were actually able to teach her the first lesson. I taught most of it and Sister McCall laughed because she told me I was teaching the 1st lesson in English, but with German grammar…I did not even notice. Lol.  It was an amazing appointment and we found out that her Grandma is actually Mormon.
Alosuis, he is such a golden investigator. He is from Nigeria and our first appointment with him this week we taught him the first lesson.  After we showed him the Restoration film he was talking about Joseph Smith like he already believed in him and he then told us a cool experience that he had with prayer and that he knows he will receive an answer about the Book of Mormon. He is so cool and baptism is for sure in the future for him. He first came across the Book of Mormon in Scotland.  When he moved to Germany, Elders met with him for a while, but then he moved to Leipzig and lost contact and then we found him.  He told us that he reads in the Book of Mormon ever once in a while. Then at the end of our appointment he wanted to say the prayer and it was too cute because in his prayer he said “Thank you for sending me my Sisters.” It was so awesome!!!
Jamal and Mohammed are so awesome…they are from Sudan and we are actually teaching them German. It is so funny and Mohammed is so hilarious. Oh I love them so much.
We actually had an appointment with Andreas this week (his son is the one with Down syndrome that we see every Sunday).  It was a good appointment…but this week if we meet with him again we are going to try and get a lesson in.




So, on Friday I got to go to the Freiberg Temple. .. I love it so much and the spirit was so strong… I get to go once a transfer as long as I am in the Dresden or Leipzig Zone. So cool and the experience there was amazing. Such a special place.
This weekend there has been a Gothic Fest and people from all over (England, Netherlands, France etc.) come and everyone is in the weirdest Gothic costumes I have ever seen in my life… I was freaked out by some of the people and the whole city was seriously flooded in nothing but black. Freaky.
We made an appointment with this stalker guy…we are meeting with him tonight. It was so weird. Sister McCall first saw him on the stassen bahn and then when we got out we were walking to a member's apartment to take her cookies and he was slowly following behind us…I got this feeling that we should talk to him, but it was weird when he was following us. After we left the member's apartment he made a loop around and we passed him and then he continued to follow us… I still felt like we should talk to him, but it felt weird turning around to someone following us and saying, We are talking to people about Jesus Christ… We then got to our stassen bahn stop and he stopped there too…finally he walked up to us and said “Are you handing those cards out to people?”  We made an appointment with him and it was so weird.  He is from Pakistan.  Sister McCall and I  laughed about it because she said that she had a strong feeling too that we should talk to him, but she felt weird because he was following us too.  I guess if this guy is really interested, God made him talk to us. We will see how the appointment goes tonight.
Elder Walter, Irakli, Elder Hale
Irakli and me
Sister McCall, Nadine, and me

Nadine's best friend Eyvan, another friend, Sister McCall, Nadine, Nadine's fiance Sven, Nadine's mom, me
Yesterday I got to go to two baptisms. One was at 8 in the morning for Irakli. He is this golden guy that the Elders were teaching and he was baptized yesterday. So cool. Then right after that baptism Sister McCall and I went to Hanover (2 and a half hour drive).. The Auto bahn is really scary to drive on…no speed limit. We got to see our investigator Nadine baptized…it was so cool and she was so happy and I was so happy to be her missionary!!!!
The work is moving forward… I am ready to see more miracles and crazy experiences!!!!
Love Y’all
Sister Anderson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment