Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 3:53 AM
Subject: hard week, but cool people
Subject: hard week, but cool people
Meine Famile,
"Shall we not go on in such a great cause“. I will say I am so grateful to be in such a great cause as the gospel to spread the work of Christ to the people in Germany. Things are so great and I really love every moment of being a missionary. So many great experience to be a part of and it is so wonderful.
So this week…we had interviews on Tuesday and they went really great. President Pimentel is so awesome… It was funny that during my interview with him he told me, “Sister Anderson, I hate to break it to you, but you will be getting a new companion next transfer.” Just the way he said it was pretty funny, but yes, I know I w ill be since Sister McCall will be going home at the end of this transfer. (4 more weeks).
We had a bit of a rough week this week with appointments falling out and so on, but we met lots of really cool people and the appointments that did not fall out were super awesome.
We met with Mohammed on Wednesday…we teach him German, but there is a really big language barrier because he does not really speak any German and he does not know very much English. But we gave him the Book of Mormon and he just kept reading it and saying…”this is good” lol…then, we ran into him Saturday night and he was getting high and yeah.. and then on Sunday we had another appointment again to help him more with German and we let him read a little more in the Book of Mormon and then we gave him a pamphlet of the plan of salvation…and he read it and was like "I like this" …so we do not really teach him, we just let him read in his language. Lol. But it was funny because he would say one of the words out loud in Arabic and ask what it means in English and we were like…sorry Mohammed we do not know Arabic.. And then we asked him how his night was and he was like, “you did not see the good me.” So yeah, that is Mohammed.
Philipp is doing so much better He is starting to lose his doubts about Joseph Smith…last time we met with him he said that Joseph Smith had to be a prophet because with everything that he went through he could not have been lying. He is making such great progress…still working on him to pray with us though.
Nadine is doing awesome…so strong and so enthusiastic about the gospel. Gocha is still strong and going to…really awesome people.
So the work just keeps moving forward and it is so amazing… Happy anniversary to Eric and Kiersten and I was also wondering when Grandpa Matthews birthday is?
I love y’all,
Sister Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment