Things are great here in Germany. .. The work is really moving forward and more and more people are being found every day. I am so excited for that and that we have a whole bunch of new people that are ready to hear our message...
Doreen. She is was a former investigator and we met with her this week. It was really cool. We were teaching her about the Plan of Salvation and she really loves prayer. We were teaching her and she loved everything we were telling her...until we pulled out the Book of Mormon to read from. She was very hesitant and really did not want us to read from that book. She told us she does not believe in that book and to not read from it in her home. So we put it away. Sister McCall then showed her a picture of her family. Doreen was amazed at how big it was....just like all Germans (they normally just have one or two kids). She then asked Sister McCall if they were all Mormon and she replied yes. Then a few mintutes later Doreen asked me if I had a picture of my family. Doreen is handicapped and when she saw my picture her eyes were immediately taken to Neil. She asked me about Neil and if he was born that way and what he had. . . there was then an immediate connection between us both. She then asked me if all my family was Mormon and I replied yes.. . Not a moment later she told us that she will try to read in the Book of Mormon again. It was amazing and I was so happy about how the Holy Ghost really works through people. I love it.
Charity. She is not a new investigator, but we did go visit her this week. She is just always busy and stressed out. She is african and has three kids, Chim, Tmanda, and Didi. They are crazy. It was really funny though. Tmanda was telling me that nobody likes her and asked me if Sister McCall and I ever fight (she is like 4 or 5 years old). Then she asked me if we are always friends. It was funny... Then Tmanda was like " I know God can help me". It was so funny and cute. I love visiting them!
Jamal. He is a new investigator I enjoyed our first appointment with him. He is from Sudan and is Muslim. But so cool. . . he is not like all the other Muslims that I have met. He is totally open to our ideas and to really read the Book of Mormon. Most Muslims just try to convince us of their religion, but Jamal is totally different. I cannot wait to continue meeting with him. Way excited for that!
Mikah is a new investigator. He is a friend of Max (a less active member) and is from Russia. We met with him this last week and Max came too. It was so awesome and we were so happy that Max got to really bear his testimony to his friend in Russian. It was so awesome and his friend is totally opened to the gospel and wants to really know if what we are saying is true. I can say that members need to get their friends more involved and let the missionaries meet with them. It really will bring more people into the church by an example of a friend.
Sophia. We have not met with her yet, but she is way cool. We met her on the street and our appointment with her is on Thursday. She is 17 years old and she is just ready to listen to our message. I am so excited for that. On the street she was telling us that the bible is so confusing and that she cannot understand it at times. We told her how the Book of Mormon has helped us to really understand the bible and how it has helped us. She is way excited for this and is totally open to the gospel.
We also had an eating appointment on Sunday and the member had a friend come over as well and we got to teach this friend a little. It was so awesome. The members here are really starting to get their friends involved. It is great. Just a word of advice... whoever said that missionaries are always hungry has lied. We are not. These people just overstuff us and we end up having to go lay down for a little while to digest. It is not good. The lady we ate with also told us she was disappointed we could not eat more... to me, if you cannot eat that much...then do not think the missionaries can. We are not meant to feel sick every Sunday after eating appointments. . . and do not feed the missionaries three desserts. lol.
But things are so awesome and the language is really coming more and more... I can actually have conversations with people now about non church things!! lol.
Oh and I mowed a lawn the other day. It was so fun...lol!! I love it.
The work is moving forward!
Love Y'all
Sister Anderson
Doreen. She is was a former investigator and we met with her this week. It was really cool. We were teaching her about the Plan of Salvation and she really loves prayer. We were teaching her and she loved everything we were telling her...until we pulled out the Book of Mormon to read from. She was very hesitant and really did not want us to read from that book. She told us she does not believe in that book and to not read from it in her home. So we put it away. Sister McCall then showed her a picture of her family. Doreen was amazed at how big it was....just like all Germans (they normally just have one or two kids). She then asked Sister McCall if they were all Mormon and she replied yes. Then a few mintutes later Doreen asked me if I had a picture of my family. Doreen is handicapped and when she saw my picture her eyes were immediately taken to Neil. She asked me about Neil and if he was born that way and what he had. . . there was then an immediate connection between us both. She then asked me if all my family was Mormon and I replied yes.. . Not a moment later she told us that she will try to read in the Book of Mormon again. It was amazing and I was so happy about how the Holy Ghost really works through people. I love it.
| Tmanda and me |
Jamal. He is a new investigator I enjoyed our first appointment with him. He is from Sudan and is Muslim. But so cool. . . he is not like all the other Muslims that I have met. He is totally open to our ideas and to really read the Book of Mormon. Most Muslims just try to convince us of their religion, but Jamal is totally different. I cannot wait to continue meeting with him. Way excited for that!
Mikah is a new investigator. He is a friend of Max (a less active member) and is from Russia. We met with him this last week and Max came too. It was so awesome and we were so happy that Max got to really bear his testimony to his friend in Russian. It was so awesome and his friend is totally opened to the gospel and wants to really know if what we are saying is true. I can say that members need to get their friends more involved and let the missionaries meet with them. It really will bring more people into the church by an example of a friend.
Sophia. We have not met with her yet, but she is way cool. We met her on the street and our appointment with her is on Thursday. She is 17 years old and she is just ready to listen to our message. I am so excited for that. On the street she was telling us that the bible is so confusing and that she cannot understand it at times. We told her how the Book of Mormon has helped us to really understand the bible and how it has helped us. She is way excited for this and is totally open to the gospel.
We also had an eating appointment on Sunday and the member had a friend come over as well and we got to teach this friend a little. It was so awesome. The members here are really starting to get their friends involved. It is great. Just a word of advice... whoever said that missionaries are always hungry has lied. We are not. These people just overstuff us and we end up having to go lay down for a little while to digest. It is not good. The lady we ate with also told us she was disappointed we could not eat more... to me, if you cannot eat that much...then do not think the missionaries can. We are not meant to feel sick every Sunday after eating appointments. . . and do not feed the missionaries three desserts. lol.
| Young Single Adults |
| Our District - Elder Angerhofer, me, Sister McCall, Elder Smith, Elder Walter, Elder Hale |
Oh and I mowed a lawn the other day. It was so fun...lol!! I love it.
The work is moving forward!
Love Y'all
Sister Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment