Monday, July 18, 2011

Almost halfway there ...

Meine Familie,
Well this ist the last week with Sister McCall…so we will make it a good one.  She heads off to Berlin next Wednesday, the 27th…my 9 month mark. It is really saying goodbye to a best friend! But anyways….now on to what happened this past week.
It really has been a weird, crazy week. I was sick on Monday and Tuesday with a little fever and so the rest of the week I was just in the recovery from being sick, but I stuck it out and still worked hard…. And well, these are the results of this week…
On Tuesday we had an appointment with Robert and Moni, who are both members, and Moni brought a friend, Sieglinda, with her for us to teach. It was really funny though because towards the end we invited Sieglinda to be baptized. While we were inviting her, Moni and Robert’s faces were priceless as it was a look of “What the heck are you doing” lol. Although, Sieglinda denied our invitation, she is at least still wanting to meet with us to learn more…all we've got to say is “well, we tried.”
Phillip is just moving along so great.  He slowly progresses, but at least he progresses. He will totally be ready for his baptism in November. To describe him…well, he is gothic and he has really long hair…always is wearing black and does wear eye makeup.  But some really cool things have been happening…He showed up to church last Sunday and was not wearing any eye makeup and then, he came yet again to church with no make up on and during the week when we meet up with him, he does not wear it anymore…he is slowly changing his image and he is just so cool.
Aloysius is doing great and is yet again back in the picture. We set a baptismal date with him for September 4th.  He is just so amazing and says the most powerful prayers I have ever heard. He is just great and I just love him and that he is so GOLDEN. He told us that he was talking to a friend who saw that he had the Book of Mormon and his friend started bashing it and Aloysius totally stood up for it and yeah…He is just rockin.’  


Katrin's spider
 
We went to visit Katrin who is a less active. We visit her every week and this time I was brave enough to hold her spider. All missionaries that go over there at least hold her spider once, but I have been a chicken for almost 12 weeks. Finally, I was ready. Katrin was so thrilled. Lol. It was really funny.
We have a new investigator, Jeanette. She is just way solid and so awesome. She loves the Book of Mormon already and we will be meeting with her again tomorrow and hoping to set a baptism date with her.
We are actually going to stop meeting with Doreen. She is just really bi-polar and church yesterday was kind of embarrassing. We will meet with her one last time on Thursday and then give her a break for a while.
Sister McCall, Harriet, and me



Oh and Harriet. She is actually the Elders investigator…but at church she only hangs out with the sisters. She has been in Germany for two weeks and is from Ghana. She will be here for two months and I just love her.  

So yeah…that is pretty much my week and I am looking forward and not forward for my last week of the transfer. Lol. But at least I know I will still be in Leipzig.  
Any ways…I love y’all and yeah.
Sister Anderson

Here are some "just for fun pictures":


Waiting on the elders to show up ...

A little door ... I wonder who lives here?

NOOOOOOOOO!!!  It can't be the end!


Girls just gotta have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment