Meine Familie,
Rainy and cold week...this for sure does not feel like how July is suppose to feel. So Happy Fourth of July…like I mentioned it is rainy and cold. A whole bunch of us missionaries were going to go to the Zoo to celebrate this day, but with the weather…it looks like that will not be happening. It is ok though....this coming Thursday a family invited all of the Elders and us to their home to celebrate fourth of July and have a BBQ. That will be fun.
So this week… what can I say about it. We set a baptism date with Philip…it is not until November, but we and him decided that it is best to have this time because there are still some things he needs to take care of before he can be baptized, but we have full faith that he will be able to reach this goal of being baptized on his birthday in November. So cool.
Aloysius is still amazing. We are praying to set a firm baptism date with him some time this week or next. We also have this other investigator, Ray. When I first got here to Leipzig, Ray had a baptism date, but the second day I was here he texted us and told us that he does not want to meet any more… that was the beginning of May and so I had never met him at that point. A couple weeks ago Sister McCall felt like she should call him and so she did. He was actually very happy for her call and we set up another appointment with him. So on Tuesday we went over there and he still has a strong belief in all that we teach. He has not met with the Sisters since March, but told us that he has tried keeping all the commandments he has been taught and is still working on giving up coffee. He still has a strong desire and so we will continue meeting with him and we want to set up another baptism date with him this week, So keep them in your prayers…they are so amazing.
Doreen is an interesting girl..she is a little crazy…I won’t get into her past history though. Lol. But she is in a wheelchair and so somebody went and picked her up yesterday to bring her to the baptism. She came and enjoyed it very much. We will see what happens with her, but she is slowly moving along.
Nadine is still so amazing and such a strong new member. She brings us such joy. She just turned 20 and told us in our last appointment that she is planning on going on a mission too….we love her so much!!!!
So Alexandra is just so blind to all of the answers she has been receiving…I am actually getting really annoyed with her. She knows this church is true and she knows it all to be true, and she has told us the experiences she has had with prayer and how strong the spirit has felt. We made her pray with us and she did and after a long while of silence she told us that Jesus came to her and told her to trust him and yeah. She is getting all these confirmations about our church and about baptism, but she is just staying blind to them and is not taking them as her answer. Sorry I am a little annoyed with her right now, but yeah. That is what is going on with Alexandra.
So a big plus of the week was going to the Temple on Friday. It was wonderful and I absolutely am grateful I get to serve in the zone that gets to go to the Temple once a transfer. I love it!!!
| Irakli and Daniel |
We also had a baptism on Sunday…It is really cool, because Irakli was baptized 4 weeks ago and he got to baptize his little brother, who is 12, yesterday and in a couple weeks their mom will be baptized. Such a cool and amazing family.
| Me and Mohammed |
Mohammed is such an awesome investigator…he is so diligent in coming to our appointments. There is a big language barrier for us, but we just sit there and let him read pamphlets and the Book of Mormon for an hour and tell him a little bit of other stuff…he is really not like other Muslims that I have met and I think he really believes in Jesus Christ as his Saviour and not just a prophet. He is so cool and so funny. He always ask us what things mean in English from Arabic and we have to keep reminding him we do not know Arabic. but he is so cool and fun!!!
Also, a side note…we stopped this older man on the street and we were talking to people about God and he was like, I am a Jehovah Witness and if you join my church I get 50 euros. We were like ummm…no thanks and by the way we are part of the Church of Jesus Christ that he established today and was restored through a prophet in our days and he then just walked away. It was funny and that is so dumb that they get paid for bringing people into their church.
So anyways, I decided to tell y’all some things that I miss that you cannot get in Germany….So if y’all ever want to send anything that is awesome…Cheese-its, Reese’s, graham crackers, Swedish Fish, Junior mints, Fruit snacks, mac and cheese. So yeah, that is just a few of the things…lol.
I love y’all and I am excited for the work to keep moving forward!!!
Love Sister Anderson
Another note: In district meeting this week we had a gummi bear and icing activity. With our companion, we had to build a gummi bear tower with gummi bears and icing. The point was the icing represented "finding" and the gummi bears represented "teaching". It was really funny and fun!
| Elders and Sister Larkin with their gummi bear tower. |
| Yummy!!! |
| Everyone's towers (or blobs) |
| Ours had a firm foundation! |
No comments:
Post a Comment