Meine Familie,
| Sister Martinez and I |
What a week and a busy week at that…so much has gone on and I do not know where to start…then well, maybe the beginning. On Tuesday we did our once a transfer exchange….It is only a day and so we did ours on Tuesday…Sister McCall went to Dresden for the day and I stayed in Leipzig and Sister Martinez came here. It was pretty fun and not to mention a very interesting day indeed. We took a train to Dresden and then Sister Martinez came back on the train with me. On the way back a lady came on the train and asked us if we had a Saxon ticket. She was a young mother and was holding a baby. We told her we did and she asked us if she could pay us five euros to ride with us on our ticket because a Saxon ticket can hold up to 5 passengers. We told her yes and so as we continued on our train ride her stop was coming up and she needed to adjust some things before she got off the train. All of a sudden she just set the baby on my lap. Now, we know as missionaries, we can not hold children. I was in shock…I did not know what to do with a child on my lap. Luckily, the baby was not on my lap for long…but it was so weird to have a baby on my lap. Lol. That was just one thing that happened that day. Later on that day, I almost got hugged by a guy…I will not mention any names but it was a young single adult and I went to go shake his hand goodbye after institute and he almost hugged me, but I was quick to back away… It was really awkward. I have discovered that you get into some really weird situations sometimes or a lot of time. Lol.
So on Wednesday we had Mission Tour and Elder Causse came…he is in the Quorum of the Seventies. It was so good and a great time having him speak to us. He talked to us a lot about our Purpose and asked us if we had any reason why we have not asked an investigator to be baptized...nobody could come up with any reason. He talked about so many other things, but he pretty much challenged us to go to our appointments that night and invite our investigators to baptism. So later that night we had an appointment with Mohammed. It was so awesome and we talked about baptism and how we should follow the example of Jesus Christ. Mohammed really wanted to follow Jesus Christ and we asked him to be baptized…And well, he said YES! Very enthusiastic! So we have a date for him on September 4th.
Doreen was doing so good, but she just kind of went down again. We had a really good appointment with her on Thursday and she was really excited to come to church again on Sunday. We called her on Friday to tell her that Mike could pick her up and she told us that she has been reading in the Book of Mormon and does not like the violence that is happening and so she told us she will not come to church… If this keeps up we may stop meeting with her, we will just see how our appointment goes this week.
| 4th of July spread! |
| Real BBQ sauce! |
| Everyone enjoying the food! |
| Aren't we a patriotic bunch? |
| Christal and her sparkler |
| Brother and Sister Beirich (our hosts) |
On Thursday night we went over to a members house with the Senior couple and the Elders and Crystal came with us too!!! It was so fun having these Germans put on a 4th of July celebration for us. They really did their research and made sure it was an American celebration…They got some root beer extract from the states and made us root beer and they got corn on the cob and so many other just plain American things you would have normally in America, not Germany. It was so fun and we ended the night with them setting off some little fireworks for us and singing American patriotic hymns. It was a fun fun time. Just one little detail…I do not remember how American potato salad tasted, but I do remember I did not like potato salad, but considering how much they feed it to us here…I really have come to love potato salad a lot. Lol
Alexandra is doing so awesome…she finally came to our church on Sunday. She knows it is all true and she is slowly, finally coming together now, and hopefully we will for sure be seeing a firm baptism for her in the future. She is finally coming together.
Alexandra is doing so awesome…she finally came to our church on Sunday. She knows it is all true and she is slowly, finally coming together now, and hopefully we will for sure be seeing a firm baptism for her in the future. She is finally coming together.
| Trin |
Trin, I have talked about her before…she is just this light and this wonderful member…So many stories about her, but no idea where to start because they are just all so funny. I just love her so much.
| Jamal |
So Jamal …we have gotten in contact with him again….he is Mohammed’s friend. We mostly just visited with him this week, because he is going out of town for the next three weeks. They are both from Sudan and they told us that apparently Sudan just became two countries. Crazy.
| Enjoying my ice cream! |
And of course, on Saturday we went and got some ice cream to celebrate Grandpa Matthews' birthday!! It was good. So yeah. Life is just great and I can not wait for the adventures of this week. The church is so true and I love it so much…I can not believe that in a couple weeks I will be half way done with my mission…and, I do not know anything about a pregnancy picture…that just sounds really dumb Kimberly. Lol. (A note of explanation - In Kimberly's mission the sisters take a picture to note their halfway point which is 9 months - the length of a pregnancy - thus calling it a "pregnancy picture".) So yeah. hey…all of my three older siblings have all moved and well…I need the new addresses for y’all. (Another note - Only Kimberly has moved to another apartment. The others are not moving.)
As far as a package goes…I will still be in Leipzig next transfer because Sister McCall is going home and so I will not be transferred at all.. So send it. And from what I told y’all last time… I was just listing things Germany does not have. Lol. I look forward to whatever you send me though!!!
I love y’all
Sister Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment