Meine Familie,
Moin Moin...greetings from the waters of Kiel!!!! Well....I am glad to hear that Mom just keeps getting missionary opportunities!!! That is great. And I did get the package and also the cards from Grandma and Grandpa Anderson, and Grandma Matthews, and Blake, and Eric...I am waiting to open them all tomorrow for my birthday...so thank you for the cards and package!!!! Ahh....I am 22 tomorrow...I remember when I was just 10 years old and I started counting down how long I have until I am 21 so I could go on my mission and now I am turning 22 and on my mission!!!! so cool! And what better present than to get to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ...the greatest gift to children of God. I love it!
Well if I could describe this week in one word I would say Intresting....definitely weird!
Last p-day we went to a carnival on the harbor...It was fun and we went in those big air balls that the put on water...That was so much fun...for sure worth it!!! lol.
So English class is going so well..I love teaching English...all though I have realized that I have forgotten how to spell words in English. But more people are showing up and so that is really great!! We have two members that come and then the rest are not members. So it is going really good.
Dorothea is doing awesome...She is getting more excited to be recieving her patriarchal blessing!!!! I am so happy for her.
So the beginning of this week was actually way awesome...it was towards the end of the week that it turned really weird. . . although the beginning of the week seems so far away. On Tuesday we had an appointment with this guy named Gustave...He is from Camoroon. We had a first appointment and we taught him the restoration and watched the film in french. It was so powerful and the spirit was so strong...in fact, Gustave was so overwhelmed by all the new things he had learned and he really wants to find out if it is true...he is so cool. I cannot wait to see him again this week...hopefully tonight.
Another miracle person this week was Sammi... I can not remember what country he is from but he is from the middle east. We met him on Monday night and invited him to institute. On Tuesday he called us to find out how to get to the institute center...Then on Wednesday he went to the church building which was about an half and hour away...luckily we got the situation cleared met him at the train station and walked to the institute together...he really enjoyed it...He still wants to come to the activities and we are hopeing that he will be wanting to start meeting with us to learn the lessons!!! But he was a miracle because a few weeks ago the elders I guess talked to him on the street and almost made out an appointment but did not and then we found him and he came to instititute. So cool.
There was also Ferida this week...we met with her. She is a very strong Muslim and was excited to recieve the Book of Mormon but does not have intrest to keep meeting....maybe one day! Ok.... So then the WEIRD part of the week. Well, Friday came and we were suppose to have an appointment with this Mom in our ward and her daughter who is not a member. But we recieved a text from them in the morning canceling our appointment...so we came up with our backup plans. That morning we went by Douglas's shop. He is the one from Ghana. He owns the Spirit of Africa shop here. We went by to see if he read in the Book of Mormon and to teach him. We taught him the restoration and he is gaining more of a curiosity. It went really well and we are hoping to be setting a bapitsimal date with him this week. He invited us over this week and he is going to make us African food...I am excited! Then we went home from lunch and after words we decided to go visit Schwester Räwel and bring her an Ensign about baptism and new members of the church..we thought it would be good since she is less active...well we were for sure unexpected visiters...and as we were sitting in the living room she had to go to the bathroom and so she did and she left the door open so we heard all the grunting and sounds she was making...never thought I would have that experience. Then after her we decided to go by some previous investigators and contacts in the area and members. Well we saw this one previous investigator named Marion. We ringed the bell and she let us right in...so we had a walk in appointment...I will have to take a picture of her appartment some time because in order to discribe how weird and crazy this lady is..you just have to see her appartment. She is crazy and I do not think that she is completely there in the head...but I look at her as...well every body needs the gospel and the chance to be baptized. I invited her to be baptized on December 11 and she said yes...but the problem right now is that the Jehova witnesses are meeting with her and they pick her up every sunday to go to church...so we need to get her a ride to our church so she stops going to theres and that she understands that our church has the priesthood authority to baptize and that once you are baptized you can not go get baptized in another church..so we need to work on her gaining a testimony of our church because right now she thinks she can get baptized in the Jehova witnesses church and also ours. She is crazy. But after her we went by this less active man in the ward...Bruder Fesser... I have never met him before and we went by...well He was not wearing any pants and it was gross...He said to call before we decide to drop by... I do not think that will be a problem...Welll..Just in that one day...it was a very intresting weird day...full of intresting people. But every one of them needs the gospel too.
Saturday was a lot better....We went over to the Goldmunds for lunch... Sister Goldmund is from Saltlake and her husband is from Kiel...They have an 18 year old and a 15 year old son...it is really funny because when they met... She came over to Germany to learn german and he was looking for an english tutor and so yeah...now he is converted to the chuch and they have two sons...they are awesome. And the one home we go to that we get american food for lunch!!! I love it!!! After them we went by a contact on there street and made out a return appointment .... Bruder Goldmund is going to come with us to the appointment this week.
Later that night... we had our appointment with Le, the investigator from China. Wang came with us and it was really good. We taught about the priesthood and why it is important and also about prayer....He will not pray and he thinks tool logically about things...So anyways, he had alot of questions about life after death and so we are going to teach the plan of salvation next time.
Sunday at church was really good...we watched the last session of General Conference...It was really good...I love that is was focased alot on missionary work!! That night we had an appointment with Ben.. Before the appointment I was thinking that we should tell Ben that we are not going to continue meeting with him because he is not progressing towards prayer and stuff and finding out if it is true because he won't pray either. But than we had a really good appointment and taught the 3rd lesson. It went really well and we almost set a date with him...He said that he will think about it, so we are going to ask him next time again to be baptized!!! So we are still meeting with him. YAY!
So that was pretty much my week...It was a really busy week and we have another busy week ahead because of all these cool people we are finding. So my mind right now is everywhere. But I love y'all and keep sharing the gospel and thanks for the birthday wishes!!! I love y'all.
love Sister Britt
Monday, October 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment