Monday, October 24, 2011

My, my, my ... what a week!

Meine Familie,

Where to even begin??? Well on Monday I taught English class and then we stayed at FHE because we were suppose to have an investigator come that did not show up. So anyways, We left that night and we met a stopped and talked to this guy on the way home. We ended up talking to him for a long time and during that time the Elders tried to call us like 5 times...finally I answered the phone and they were like "Did you sisters hide or take our backpacks?" of course we were like no because we did not take there bags....but they did not believe us. Well, we got home and planned and then went to bed....well Tuesday (the next day) was my birthday...I was looking so forward to waking up and opening my cards and package for Morning sport...so at like 6:30 I get up and walk to the living room to find a trail of cup up paper leaves that lead to my chair and Sister Dorsey put my package on the chair and wrote a sign that said Happy Birthday! That was exciting and I opened my package. Thank you very much for the texas apron and all the other stuff....the cards from the ward was a fun surprise too! And oh my gosh....Lindsay is pregnant too!!!! Congrats.

Well, Sister Dorsey said that the Elders were meeting us at the institute center so we can give them our progress record. I was getting my stuff ready to leave the apartment when I opened one of the pockets in my bag and realized that my wallet was missing. . . we then remembered the Elders calling us the night before asking about there bags...we realized that my wallet and there backpacks all got stolen. So that was a happy birthday surprise...Somebody came into the institute center Monday night and stole the elder's backpacks, my wallet and a members cell phone. So what was suppose to be a happy surprise at the institute center because the Elders and the Marks were all waiting there for us and surprised me with cake...turned into me having to be on the phone with the mission office about my mission debit card and also my personal debit card because they got stolen. So at the moment I have no money, but that is ok....I am just disappointed in who ever stole the stuff...The Elders book of mormon was in there backpacks and so they are hoping the guy opens it up to the commandments and then repents. lol. We will see.

But besides that , my birthday was good. We did spend half of the day in the police office because the mission office told us to go file a report...and then we met with Dorothea and read in the Book of Mormon with her. (she is the member that wa baptized in May). After her we had an appointment with our investigator Douglas who is from Ghana. He made us african food and it was yummy...he was even more excited about making us food when he found out that it was my birthday. lol. He is awesome...we are really hoping to be getting a baptismal date set up with him soon!! Although, between our appointments with Dorothea and Douglas we did some doors in some Student housing... We only had time to just do 6 doors because we were making out appointments left and right and even taught the 1st lesson with one of them...we have our appointments to bring a couple of the people the Book of Mormon this week! It was so great!

So then on Wednesday we were to have an appointment with this guy named Mohammed Umback. From the name you can probably tell that he is muslim. But we were suppose to bring him by an Arabic book of mormon. He was not home, but his wife and there 1 year old son were. She let us in and we talked with her and she can not read Arabic, but she can read German and so we are going to bring her a german book of mormon this week! I am so excited and she is really cool!

We also added on two more new investigatiors on Thursday when we had an appointment with Mr and Mrs. Grabovski. They are an older couple...grandparents and they are baptist. They are really nice and open and we taught them the 1st lesson. Bruder Goldmund came with because he is there next door neighbor. It was a great appointment, but they are not able to met with us again until November..so we have an appointment set up for the first of second week in November.
We also met with Ben this week....Someone just needs to hit him on the head. He just will not pray and he is doing the reading and everything. But he has so many questions that he asks us, but we can not answer them all and he just does not realized that if he actually prays and reads the book that he probably will find his answers. We are just working with him with gaining more of a faith in Jesus Christ.

Marion, the women with a baptismal date....we had an appointment with her this week....It was crazy. We tried to watch the restoration and she was too quick to press play and so it was playing in English and she would not let us change it to german....so as result she did not understand a single thing that was happening and then her friend came over and we pretty much got kicked out because she was now going to leave with her friend, but we did get an appointment set up for this week. We will see how it goes...This lady is really weird.

We also had an appointment with this guy named Jörn. He is mentally disabled and I got so excited because it reminds me of talking to Neil. He is more there though in vocabulary and speech than Neil is. But it was fun and he wants me to teach him English because I told him that is what I study. I am excited to see him again this week!

We visited the Begeman's this week. They are such an awesome couple who can not really make it to church because of the wheelchairs and all, but they are brought the Sacrament on occasion. They are so cool and are a couple of the happiest people I know.

On Sunday we had an eating appointment with the Labahn family...She made Liver Wurst and Blood Wurst and then normal meat and potatoes and sourkraut....And she really likes liver wurst and blood wurst, but said we do not have to eat it if we do not want because her husband also refuses to eat it...Just the thought of eating blood is disgusting...I did not eat it. gross... But yeah. that was my week..busy, stressful, and finally over. I am praying for a better week this week, but I know that Heavenly Father is always there!

Anyways, I love y'all

love Sister Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment