Meine Familie,
Ahh....This is the last week of the transfer and we have transfer calls on Saturday. I really have no idea what is going to happen. Normally I have a pretty good feeling if I am going to stay or go..but this time I honestly do not know. We will see... And to answer some questions... I did get a new wallet...just the cheapest one I saw. And as far as anything else goes...I love chocolate oranges. But I really do not know what else I would want. I will be happy with anything you send!
This week was busy...but great. . . from playing in leaves to setting a baptism date to zone conference to crazy Muslims to so much more!
To begin will probably be with
Monday: We had a pretty good Halloween p-day. We went to the Aquarium and then took pictures in the fall colored leaves for our Halloween pics. It was fun and then we of course had English class. This really weird guy named Peter showed up. Every time I asked him something in Englsih he would say, "I forgot that word." And then we did an activity that if we were all trapped on an deserted island what two things would we want with us and why. Well, Malte (he is an investigator of the Elders) told us that he would want Sister Anderson and Dorsey there with him to teach him English. He is funny.
Tuesday: Was a pretty good day. We met with Dorothea and she is so excited to almost be done reading through the whole Book of Mormon. We are so proud of her...we are hoping that she has finally called the Patriarch so she can get her blessing!
We then went to visit Marian. We taught her chasity...at first we were kind of worried about this because she always talks about all these boyfriends that she has, but it went much better than planned and she apparently has no problem with it. That was good. We are still trying to convince her that Jehovah is not God's name. The Jehovah Witnesses have like literally brained washed her and we are trying to fix the mess which they made. But we have complete faith that Marian will make it to baptism on the 11th of December.
Wednesday: What a day... We first had Hou. He is so awesome. This was our third time meeting with Hou because we met him a couple weeks ago and then he came to church last Sunday and we had an appointment with him on Wednesday. He is on the right track and really wants to find out. He is from China and has no real belief on God or Jesus Christ. But that did not stop us with setting a baptism date with him for December 18th. He wants to find out and this is his goal!
We then met with the Schhurrenburg family. They are some new investigators, but told us to call them after Christmas because this is a busy time for them. They are really nice though, but very strong in their own religions. We then had English class and it went really good..nobody new came.
Thursday: We had to get up earlier so we could catch a train to Hamburg. We had Zone Conference and we had to be there by 9:30. Well, Zone Conference was great. Something that stood out to me that was said by Sister Pimentel, "Faith preceeds the miracle...DREAM BIG & PRAY & WORK." She told us there is nothing wrong with dreaming as long as you are doing the work and are on your knees. I have never had a problem with dreaming...I mean well, look where I am now! So I know by working hard and doing my best...great things will come. Sister Dorsey and I had to give a workshop on obedience...it was fun and our theme was cooking up some obedience and so I got to wear my Texas apron!! I was so happy! Well, after a long day we headed back to Kiel and got back around 10:30 at night. TIRED!
Friday: Was a great day. We went over to the Begemans for lunch. I love this couple. They are wheelchair bound and it makes it really difficult for them to come to church or to do other things. So what is really cool is that they have the dream of traveling the world...but because of their handicapped situation it limits them. So, they collect postcards from around the world that people send to them and they put it in a scrapbook and research where the card is from and put the information in the book too. They have post cards from all over...They don't have one from Texas yet though...I will have to get that one taken care of...but they find joy every time they recieve a new card. Such a neat couple.
We then went by this Muslim couple because they wanted the Book of Mormon in German...we went by a couple weeks ago but the man was not home and so we left an Arabic one with the wife...well, this time they both were home. Muslims are sometimes very difficult and hard to talk to. He kept sounding like he just wanted to argue with us and we were not going to do that. He told us that God literally wrote the Bible and we were like yeah, through Prophets...that was a start of something. Then he kept telling us the Book of Mormon can in no way be written by Prophets and blah blah...well at the end we invited them to just read the book and then after words pray. Well, the wife was like...we can not do that and was very angry and then what surprised us was the husband all of a sudden softened his heart and looked at his wife and said, "We will never know unless we read the book first." It surprised us... maybe they will have a change of heart and be more open to the gospel. We told them we will come back in a couple weeks and see how they are doing and if they have questions.
We then saw Marian once again and it went well...she is sick at the moment and so she could not come to church. We then had an appointment with this guy named Tung and is a student at the university. It was so cool....we went to his dorm and sat there...his other friend was there and we showed them the restoration film. During the film two other guys came into the room and sat on the floor while the movie was playing. At the end the spirit was so strong and Tung said that he wants to find out and cannot wait to start reading in the Book of Mormon. It was awesome and kind of weird at the same time sitting in a college dorm on the bed in a room full of college guys....but when it comes to teaching the gospel you get pulled into some wierd situations...naja. It was great...
Lastly...we met with Jörn and as much as I love teaching him because it reminds me of Neil some...we are going to have to give him to the Elders because he likes us too much. We are going to make cookies with him on Friday and then the following week the elders will come with us so we can switch him over to them.
Saturday: We went by Douglas...the guy from Ghana and reviewed the plan of salvation with him. He is so great and he is going out of town for two weeks and going to visit his friend in Canada who is really sick. We are going to bring Douglas a Book of Mormon to take to his friend because we told him that will give his friend spiritual strength.
Sunday: We had church and a member brought a friend with him. I sat by them during the meetings and the friend seemed to really enjoy it. I gave her my card before she left and we hope she gets more interest to actually meet with us. She loved the fact that every one gets a chance to speak at our church.
But yeah...alot happened this week and this was the best way I could think of to organize some of my thoughts on what happened..so I just went day by day. This week is going to be super busy because we are having to go down to Hamburg like three times this week...but it will be good. I will try to see when I can call those numbers...but I can not promise that it will be this week. I will try to get it done as soon as I can.
I need to go now but I love y'all! And just so you know, as far as me mailing christmas packages or what not, that probably will not happen until after Christmas. We will see....so don't feel bad if you do not have a present to open from me on Christmas. I know I have Blake's family for Christmas...it probably won't be until after. And then anyone else. . . Anyways... is anyone spending Christmas with Mom and Dad this year?
Have a great week....Love, Sister Britt
Monday, November 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment