Monday, November 14, 2011

Going east!!!

Meine Familie,

Ahhh....Transfer calls were on Saturday and I am getting transferred back to the EAST!!!! I am so excited to go back to the east...the west is nice, but the east feels more at home! I will be serving in Cottbus. It is right next to Berlin and I am excited because I will once again get to go back to the temple once a transfer!! It will be a different experence though because my whole mission up to this point I have always shared the city with a senior couple and Elders and this time it will be just me and my companion. But I am way excited!! I will be leaving tomorrow...for a long train ride there. My new companion is Sister Olson and she is going into her 2nd transfer, so still a Golden. I am excited to serve with her....

my new address:

Sister Brittany Anderson
Kirche Jesu Christi
Zirchow str. 39
03044 Cottbus
Germany


Umm... before I talk about the week: Happy Birthday to Grandma Anderson!!!!!

This week was a good week...Mom asked me what "Naja" means because I use that alot...I guess you can translate it into "Oh, well" I really do not know how to translate it though...But that is pretty close. And also, we do move the clocks here back an hour, mom asked that as well.

We met with Gustave this week and it was really awesome!! We went over there at about 10 in the morning and talked to him alot about the Book of Mormon and the Bible and that they both compliment one another and then we talked about baptism. . . in the middle of the appointment he asked us if he is allowed to get baptized twice because he was baptized in the Catholic church when he was twelve. At this point we knew we would be setting a date with him and he will be baptized on January 8th. I am so excited!!!! Though I probably will not be there, I am glad I can have a part in these people lives!!

Marian is still on date for December 11th. It is very difficult with her though because in our last appointment we came to the conclusion that she has seriously been brainwashed and so we just do not know how to help her. She has a desire to be baptized again but does not understand that it needs to be with the priesthood authority. It is difficult to get through to her to make her understand that what is said in the Book of Mormon is truth and that is all that we share and talk about is this truth. She is a wonderful person and I really do hope she can make it to baptism, it is just difficult to really teach her the doctrine.

Douglas is going out of town this week for a little while to visit a friend who is sick, so we went by his shop and brought him a Book of Mormon to give to his friend and he is going to do it. I am so excited that we are getting our investigators to share the gospel as well!!! It is so exciting!

Our appointment with Schwester Räwel this week was very interesting. She is a less active because of health promblems and she is a heavier woman and has really bad hip problems. So, when she goes to the bathroom she has to leave the door open and when she does this Sister Dorsey and I just sit in the living room and wait for her to come bacl. Well, she has to wear diapers and I guess she needed help with that and so she makes her way to the living room and walks in with her pants down and asked Sister Dorsey to help her put the diaper through her legs. . . one of the most disgusting and awkward experiences on my mission and I am at least grateful that Sister Dorsey did it because I do not know if I could have. But other than that, we had a great appointment and we read the talk called "Forget me not" by President Uchtdorf. As we know that during the talk it talks about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and so right in the middle of Sister Dorsey and I reading the talk to her, she pulls out chocolate and was like, "Who wants some chocolate?" It was pretty funny at the moment. Oh, I will miss my weekly visits to Schwester Räwel.

This week was a busy week because three of the seven days we had to travel back and forth from Kiel to Hamburg because this weekend was a special weekend for the Neumünster stake and the Hamburg stake. Neumünster stake celebrated their 30th year and Hamburg their 50th year. It was wonderful and so as a celebration the two stakes came together and put on a musical and Sister Dorsey and I were involved with it. Sister Dorsey played the violin for some parts and then we played missionaries in the musical for a couple of little parts. It was really fun and a special event to be a part of for these two stakes. We had to go to Hamburg for the dress rehearsal on Thursday and then the musical on Friday. It was so good and the musical consisted on a few stories from some members in the stake. What a wonderful experience.
Before we went to Hamburg on Friday we had a couple of appointments..one with Dorothea and she is just two chapters away from reading through the Book of Mormon for the first time. She is so excited about it and so she is not reading the chapters until we come and visit because she wants us to finish it with her! She is really funny and so cute. I am going to miss her...it was hard to say goodbye to her yesterday.

We then met with Hou and well....it was a little hard at the beginning of the appointment because he told us that he would not be bapitized, but he wants to learn more about the life of Christ and who he was and he is reading in the Book of Mormon every day now. I have faith that as the missionaries continue to meet with him and has he reads more in the Book of Mormon that he will be baptized...he just needs some more time!

Then of course, Saturday was a normal day in Kiel. We had transfer calls in the morning and I found out that I am going to Cottbus, and Sister Peltier, my MTC companion, is coming here to Kiel! That is cool! We then had an awesome appointment with these new people, the Yilmaz family! They are from Turkey and are muslim...but from the look of it..they are not as strong in their faith as most muslims that I have met. They have a 9 year old boy and a 3 year old boy and the whole family sat in for the appointment and it was so cool!!! I hope they continue meeting with the missionaries!!

We then met with Jörn and made cookies with him and watched the restoration film. He is being very difficult because we want to give him to the Elders, but he won't let us bring the Elders over to meet him. So if we are able to find him a ride to church he can meet the Elders there and then hopefully let them then come over...but we will see what happens.

On Sunday we went back to Hamburg for Stake Conference. It was really good. The focus was on Temples and the blessings from it.

It is so cold here right now...I am just so not ready for the winter to come...

That was pretty much the week..sorry I have a headache at the moment..so I am just trying to sort out my thoughts in my head of what happened this week. But next time I write I will be in Cottbus!!! yay!

Love Sister Britt

p.s... I was wanting to ask about Student housing because y'all are probably going to need to get that set up for me soon...i think in like January or something. And then I would like to be an EFY counselor next summer for the sessions in San Antonio if it is possible or even someone to help out with Girls camp or Youth conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment