Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Day of Thanks (Nov. 25th letter)

Dear Familie,

Normally I spend my email time of 30 minutes talking about all the devotional talks since the last time I emailed and then some other things I get in before my 30 minutes is up . . . then the rest goes into an actual letter. . .
But it is 11:48 a.m. at the MTC on Thanksgiving day and I just got out of our morning devotional. .. On Thanksgiving we have two devotionals and then humanitarian projects. . . This morning I sat six rows back from the pulpit and as we sat there this whole entire family came in and sat on the first two rows. . . little did we know that those were Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's Children and Grandchildren. 5 mintues til 10:00 I got to witness yet again, a third apostle of the Lord walk into the room at the MTC and I have only been here four weeks. Elder Holland and his wife wanted us to consider them as our own grandparents this day and Elder Holland said that whenever we see him we need to think, "That's my Grandpa." I don't think there was a single dry eye during the Morning Thanksgiving Devotional and Elder Holland had all his 13 grandchildren come up to the stand and sing a "Whenever I hear a blue bird. .. " It was more exciting than anything to see little children. . . Elder Holland told us that as they sing, think of them as your younger siblings or nephews and nieces. .. I couldn't help but imangine little Garrett up there singing his heart out. Elder Holland told us that he mostly wanted his grandchildren to see all of us because he wants them to become like us. . . in fact, he said every little boy and girl are watching us missionaries right now because we are perfect in their eyes. Sister Holland also spoke some and the spirit was divine as she shared her favorite scripture with us Luke 12:8. Elder Holland also told us to think about what we're eating today and to remember most of the world is starving right now. He said that if today we get Homesick to COWBOY UP! because we are here with our family where we belong and our family won't like it if we decided to come home.
I am so grateful for all that I have. I have a great appreciation for my family and the support they give me. . . everyone in my district thinks it is crazy that I get a letter or two every day from one of y'all, but I am so gratefull that I am in a family that has the restored gospel and can and will support me in this great call. . . the Lord called me on this mission to Germany before I even came to the earth. I was once with all those people in heaven and now I am here to return them to heaven with me. Don't take what you have for granted. Remember, children are going to bed starving and hungry every night.
I know this is the true church and I am gratefull for the ones who joined the church in my family that I can be born in the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. . . I am grateful to my Grandpa Anderson for marring Grandma, who was a member, and soon after joined the church that I may be born in an eternal family and have everyone here with me.
Last Thanksgiving I spent with Grandma and Grandpa Matthews. . . how gratefull I am for the opporunity I had to spend one last time with my Grandpa Matthews here on the earth and rejoice for the day I may see him again. I know families can be together forever and it is through Jesus Christ that we can all be together.
Elder Holland said that at the end of Christ's life., our Father in Heaven had to sit back and watch His son suffer and be alone for a few minutes as he suffered for all of us. . . We are on a mission, so the Lord Jesus Christ does not have to do it alone any longer. .. He has us forever.

Thank y'all for the love and support. . . thank y'all for teaching me and being converted in the gospel that our family can return to our Father and be for eternity.

I'll talk a little more about devotionals and the rest of today in a letter that I usually write after I email.

Yesterday I had a really hard day. . . we were in class and doing an activity when my teacher, Brother Devale called on me to teach something of the plan of salvation in front of the district in German. . . I at once broke down crying . . . The language has been my biggest challenge and I couldn't bear to even try to speak, let alone teach in the German tongue. . . I slowly spoke some german and ended, still creating a flood with my eyes. .. After the elders all left the room to take a water break, Bother Devale came over to me and comforted me as I was still crying. He told me that he knows I can speak german and that he knows I know more than I think. . . After some talking and knowing to put full trust in the Lord. . . Brother Devale told me to fast with him on Sunday that I may be able to recieve the gift of tongues and to be able to understand and speak german .. . . So on Sunday I am fasting for the gift of tongues along with little Lydia who will be having surgery.
I know the Lord is here throughout my struggles and I have faith that I can speak german. . . I have five more weeks left at the MTC and I know I will be ready when It is time to go to Germany.
Again Happy thanksgiving to all y'all.
I love everyone in my family and I just want y'all to know this is the Lord's work and I have been called to proclaim it to the German people. I wear the name Jesu Christus on my name tag to represent the Lord and I will do such.

May God be with y'all and enjoy Thanksgiving one with another.

I love y'all

Ich Liebe Dich!!! <3
Schwester Anderson

Letter received in the mail

Dear Famiilie!

So I know that Kimberly went to Washington and mom and dad went to El Paso ... but what did everyone else do on Thanksgiving?

So far my Thanksgiving is alright ... eat Thanksgiving lunch was not really Thanksgiving for me .. jusst b/c I was sitting once again in the cafeteria. I can't wait to get out of here ...

We were supposed to get hit by a blizzard, but it didn't come down this far, so I'm happy. There isn't really any snow yet, but it sure is cold!

So alot of pretty funny stuff has happened this week.

Sister Browne loves to scare me ... she hid in my wardrobe one day and then she hid under my bed. My goodness.

But Saturday as Sister Peltier and I were doing our weekly service ... cleaning bathrooms...There was soap on the floor. I mopped the floor and it spread all the soap so the whole floor of the bathroom was soapy. Not knowing what to do, I turned off the light and just as I was closing the door Sister Peltier came up and said "Are you done?" as she asked she flipped on the light to see that the entire floor was soap. It's hard to describe what really happened, but it was funny.

I don't have my VISA get and I'm getting my last shot on December 23.
I sure hope they have eggnog here for Christmas. I really hope so!!!

Is everything alright with Caleb. Lindsay said he grabbed the radiater. He is the trouble maker. lol

So the fireside was good. President Smith spoke on the story of Thanksgiving., And the Christmas lights are on now! I love you!!1
Schwester Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment