Thursday, December 23, 2010

Never Suppress a Generous Thought - Dec. 23, 2010

Thursday, December 23, 2010, 1:13 PM


Familie,

Well I just want to say thank you to everyone for the treats and goodies and also christmas cards and so on, I may be able to write some people but just know if you sent me a card or something. . . Thank you very much. ;-)

P.S. Mom I don't have the Majorka's address. . . So I can't send them a letter.

I hope you got my hand written letter I sent last week. . . it has my flight schedule and everything on it also my address for Germany. . . which is the mission home address, so you probably do have it written somewhere.

Well this is so exciting. . . this will be my last email sent from the MTC. . .the next one will be sent from Germany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I have written in my letter I mailed last week. . . I am the Travel Leader over 15 Elders and 2 other sisters going to Berlin! I am so nervous because now I have to keep track of everyone and make the phone calls if something happens. But anyways. So flight plans. . . I may call from the Salt Lake Airport, but don't count on that one too much. . . But I will be for sure be calling from the JFK airport in New York. I don't know time differences from Texas and New York, but we will be landing in New York at 3:09 p.m and then departing at 7:40 p.m. So transfer that over to Texas time and I will be calling between 3:09 and 7:40. I know you said Eric might want to do a conference call, but I don't have Eric's number. Just to give you the rest of my flight information. . . I will be leaving Salt Lake at 8:30 a.m on Tuesday Dec. 28th and arriving in New York at 3:09 p.m. . . I then will be departing New York at 7:40 p.m and arriving in Berlin at 10:00 a.m on Wednesday Dec. 29th.

So onto some other stuff. . . Well on Sunday we had a wonderful speaker in Relief Society and her name is Rebecca L Thompson and her and her husband not long ago got released as the Mission president from the Hamburg Mission in Germany since it got split up into the Berlin and Frankfurt missions. She talked about the word JOY. .. The 'J' stands for Jesus, the 'O' stands for others, and the "Y" stands for Yourself.
We are to first ask ourselves, "What would my life be without the Christ child? and then ask, "What would JESUS do?" Being on a mission means to Do, Say, and Be what the Savior does, says, and is. We are then to realize that Jesus knows everyone and everyone you will be in contact with and we are to ask him, "what is his will for us that day." We are then not to surpress a single generous thought we have in our mind. . whether it is picking up a pencil someone dropped or so on. We are to concern ourselves with OTHER, then there is less time to concern about ourselves. . . and finally When we lose ourselves in Service,. . you then find YOURSELF.
So we are to create JOY in our lives now by serving and telling everyone, "I'm here for you."
THINK. . . ACT. .. TALK. .. CONDUCT YOURSELF!!

I really enjoyed that talk and we should stive to have that Christmas JOY all year round.
As I'm getting things packed and ready to go to Germany. . . I will NEVER SURPRESS A GENEROUS THOUGHT. .. as I will be the travel leader to take care of the rest of the missionaries going to Berlin and then as I continue to come in contact with individuals throught out my long travel.

Well on a side note. . . Sister Browne (please keep her in your prayers) she has actually been transfered to one of the missions in England, because of her allergy and her reactions she needs to be closer to her home in England.

So I am way excited for Christmas even though most of the day will be packing. . . I will be writing letters today and Christmas though because we are told to write on Christmas day!!! I think the thing I am most excited for is to sing Silent Night in German on Christmas Eve.
Germans do not sing Silient Night unless it's Christmas Eve night. . It is a German Tradition to sing that song only on Christmas Eve. . . So to be part of that tradition my district is saving that song!!! so exciting ;-)

Well i'm sorry my emails aren't so detailed, but since I have more time to write hand written letters, more stuff goes into those!!!
I love y'all and spread the true meaning of Christmas.

At this time next week I will be serving the people of GERMANY!!!!!! chow ;-)

Love Sister Brittany Anderson!!!!!

dear familie
I just wanted to say ... "the worth of souls is great in the eyes of God." Yesterday I almost saw someone's life taken from this life. I was at gym and normally I play volleyball, but I felt awful and so I went to go sit on the balcony with Sister Browne. I needed to talk to Sisgter Peltier, so Sister Ditrich went to find Sister Peltier to send her down to me. As I was sitting there waiting, Sister Peltier came down the stairs and I stood up to talk to her when all of a sudden Sister Browne was having difficulty breathing and immediately grabbed her throat. She was having another allergic reaction. I immediately took off to the volleyball court to get Sister Smith. The gym trainers came up and Elder Chambers ran to get her epi pens. Sisgter Browne was laying there suffocating and a few times her eyes closed and we couldn't get any response. We used two epi pens and if it wasn't as quick as we were ... Sister Browne would be dead.

I just want to say that I have never witnessed someone's life being taken. But I know God loves his missionaries and I have a strong testiimony on eternal life. I know we will all live again.

I think I've told y'all before, but every week we have to prepare a talk in German but it's not until President Curtis is announcing the speakers in Sac. meeting that we find out who it is. Last Sunday I was the lucky one to speak in German about enduring to the end. Also the spoken word on Sunday was awesome. It was the Christmas program and David Archuleta sang with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Well, y'all will probably get this letter after I call you on Tuesday. But I will write on Christmas to tell y'all about my Christmas in the MTC. I love y'all and talk to y'all soon!

PS - Blake & Lindsay, Garrett, Caleb: Thank y'all for the gift ... I loved it :)
Eric &* Kiersten: Thanks for the yummy goodies and the board. I really love that to write on!

That is exciting about Emily & Katie - I wish I had their addresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment