Hallo Familie,
Diesen ist einen Wunderbaren Tag!!!!!
So where do I even start with this week!!!!!
Lots will have to go into my mailed letter home, but to start off if any one is planning on sending a package to me for Christmas. . . it should be sent in time that it will get to me by December 21st. The 21st is the last day the MTC will be accepting packages for the Christmas Holiday. . . also I leave on the 28th and so if y'all plan on writing letters probably have that be y'all's deadline as well because who know if I will get it by the 28th considering we have the holidays and then a weekend.
I am so nervous, excited and all other crazy words because in just a few days I will be getting my flight plans for Germany. . . . I am able to call my family during my layover times at the airport on the 28th. . . I will further let y'all know on what times my layovers are so you could possibly expect a phone call sometime on the 28th.
I really don't know where to start for this last week. . . Sister Browne scared us most of the week. She spent four out the last 7 days in the hospital. . . One night at at 1:00 in the morning I heard somebody in the room struggling with their breathing and seriously sounded like they could possibly die at any moment. . . Sister Peltier woke up as well and climbed out of her bed to see what was happening. She flipped on the light to find Sister Browne lying on the floor fighting for air. She was sufficating. With her not being able to breathe. . . I threw on long pants and my tennis shoes ready to act on whatever I needed to do. I gently woke up Sister Smith. . . It being 1:30 in the morning now. Sister Smith immediately ran over to Sister Browne's side and I couldn't help but have tears in my eyes seeing my beloved Sister who is the only member in her family and the only missionary within 40 years from her ward fighting for air. Sister Peltier went out in the hall to call the front desk. . a few moments later they came and called for an ambulance. 2:00 in the morning we had paramedics/mdts. . . whatever you call them, in our room giving Sister Browne oxygen from some sort of tube. I was still in tears and so scared. . and it hurt me because I saw the fear of this possibly being it within Sister Browne's eyes. About an half an hour later they left and took Sister Browne with them to the hospital. . . I didn't end up falling asleep until 3:30 having only a few more hours until I needed to be up again. The faith and spirit in that room was the best feeling ever. ..
Well I can honestly say Sister Browne is for sure back to her self. (we are both planning on being roommates at BYU-Idaho when we get back) anyways, She hid in my wardrobe/closet last night and I came back into the room and as I opened my wardrobe I see this cheesy grin and a voice saying "Was Machen Sie?" It totally freaked me out and yes, I did scream, shut the wardrobe and ran out of the room. Sister Browne tends to like scaring me alot. But yesterday I must say I probably deserved it some because I accidently sprayed her in the mouth with air freshener. . it was a complete accident though.
We got 30 new elders and one new sister yesterday. . . crazy. . .I havn't met them all yet.
As far as stuff for Christmas. . . I did get my marykay stuff this week. . So no need to worry about that. Thank you Kimberly.
Also I wrote some things. . . like knee high socks, no show nylon socks, I don't really need more scarfs. . .I can do with what I have. I know that in my mission call envelope there is like some kind of proclamation in german. . .I can't remember if it is the living christ or the family, but could y'all send me that. I really can't think of things I really need at the moment. Just love will suit me fine. I think a German CTR ring would be call, but again I don't really need one.
So today at the Temple I went to go do sealings for the first time. . . question: which room did, mom and dad, get sealed in? do you remember? it would be cool to go into that room. Anyways. I loved the feeling in there. I could really feel that families are important and the day I get married will be a special day.
I am so grateful that our family is forever.
I know that this is the true church. . . yesterday Sister Peltier and I taught one of our proxy progressing investigators and we invited him to be baptised. . . even though it wasn't real. . the spirit was so wonderful and I can't wait to have the realy feeling of someone really going to be making those promises with God in German!!!!! only 19 more days.....AHHHH!!!
I love everyone and thanks for the letters and for the love and support!!! from New York to California. . .all of y'all's love is appreciated!!!
Love
Sister Anderson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Handwritten letter
dear familie,
So, first of all it was really funny ... Elder Krieger in my district has 3 or so girlfriends writing to him and he gets this 24 page letter from one of them and this is the conversation that went on when he opened the envelope:
- Elder Marshall: "I would hate to read all that"
- Elder Harris (looks at E. Marshall): Where's the spirit of Christmas in you?"
- Elder Marshall: "What's that to do with letters?"
Ok, so it was pretty funny when they all said it, but yeah.
So I don't brag or say a whole lot about Texas, my pride of being from Texas doesn't come out ... Last week when Elder Myers said that and hurt my feelings - all I was doing was saying that snow isn't my favorite thing.
As much as these elders are trying to be gentlemen and I respect them for that ... some of them need patience. Last p-day at dinner I was sitting next to Elder Birth. Now the elders always take our trays when we are done and this time I was still drinking my water and Elder Birth was waiting to take my glass when I wasn't finishing my drink b/c I still had an apple I was finishing ... when I went to take a bite he tapped my wrist which caused me to hit my tooth with my apple. Meine gutte! These elders are learning by their mistakes!
I have a goal that only on Mondays, Wed, and Saturdays I only speak German. Next week or my last week that may change to make days ... as we say in America, "cross your fingers" or in Germany "press your thungs for me".
This last Sunday, Fast Sunday, I decided to bare my testimony. I was so nervous b/c it has to be only in German. but this was my testimony.
"Ich wieb, himmlicher vater ist unser Himmlicher Vater und er hat Jesus Christus auf die erde gesandt fur uns. In Johannes 3:16 ies sagt "Denn bott hat die weit so sehr geliebt, class er einen sienen einzigen sohn Hingab, damit jeder der es ihnen glaubt. Nicht zugrunde gent, sundem das ewige leben hat."
Well, I said some more, but that's what I can mostly remember.
While here at the MTC I have discovered how simple the gospel is ... sometimes as members of the curch we make it complex. I challenge all y'all that as families sit down and study Preach My Gospel with one another and you come to realize how simple and easy teaching it can be. All we do as missionaries is Invite, Help and Teach. The rest is for the individual who must commit and come unto Christ. Share the gospel. You never truly understand the value of member missionary work until you are a missionary and see the impact and how much we actually depend on them ... so I invite all those to study Preach my Gospel as families and to make goals based on the teachings from it.
My closing remarks:
On Sunday during mission conference Sister Clegg, wife to the MTC 2nd counselor, talked about Mary and we need to acknowledge the woman this time of year. She endured to the end. Her qualities are:
faithfully obeyed, worthy, humble, served others first, joyous, raised her family to God. That evening we all watched the First Presidency Christmas devosiontal - so good.
Then on Tuesday, Elder Craig W. Zwick of the Seventies came and spoke on coming cloiser to Christ.
"To help others know Christ ... We need to personally come to know Christ."
Love y'all,
Sister Anderson
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment