meine familie,
"Do not run faster or labor more than you have strength and means provided to enable you to translate; but be dilligent unto the end."
So, this week I studied the Christlike attribute, dilligence, and worked on it. . . my biggest question was when is this language going to come? Well, my answer came in the scriptures, of course. . . when I read the above scripture I thought this was a perfect answer. . . I know the Lord will bless me as I continue to be dilligent. . even though some days I feel like this language will never come, I know by putting my trust in the Lord he will give the words I need at the moment they need to be said.
Anyways, this week has been an interesting one and I thought very interesting since the attribute I was working on was dilligence. . this week so many obstacles came that it was hard to be dilligent. . but I still put forth my effort. First off. . . I do not remember if I have ever told ya´ll about evil street. . . This is a street that some members about five weeks ago prayed about so we can go do doors. Well, we immediately started doing doors there and every time we go we get yelled at and the last time we went this lady told us she will call the police if we stay. . . We are determined to finish this street and we think these obstacles are there because maybe somebody is there waiting to hear our message. . . it is hard to say, but we are keeping our heads up and it is taking us forever to finish this street because of all the anger people have against us there.
But one night we decided to go back to the street. . . a couple blocks away I told Sister Christenson we need to say a prayer before we enter the street. We did so, and then just moments later, before we got to the street. . we came across this man, who seriously looked like Luigi...or how ever you spell it from Mario. Anyways. . .He was super excited and told us to come into the bakery with him and talk. . . So, for about an hour or so we sat in a bakery with him and just introduced the Book of Mormon to him. He told us that he met people like us before, but they could not answer his questions. . We did the best we could and we have another appointment with him on Thursday. We never did make it to the street to do doors because of the time, but from saying a prayer and then meeting him along the way, it was a miracle.
We also made an appointment with this previous investigator and met him on Friday. . He is super friendly, but he is a conspiracy theorist. He told us that Rostock is about Atlantis and that we are part of that great Empire. Every time we asked him what he thought about God or the Book of Mormon or Jesus, he changed the subject and would talk about some other weird thing. . . He is for sure interesting. lol.
We met with another previous investigator who is from Afghanistan and came to church yesterday. . we are meeting with him a couple more times this coming week. And possibly going to invite him to be baptized.
Herr Gruber is doing great. . .we met with him for the third time on Saturday and he is a little more accepting of the apostacy, though he does not understand why God would leave his children without the gospel for 1800 years. His biggest question though right now is if Joseph Smith is a prophet. . . he said he will pray about that. . but next time we meet with him we are going to invite him to be baptized and talk about prayer, because yesterday we asked him to pray and he prays to Christ and just says Amen at the end. . .So we are going to talk about that. . . I sure pray he accepts the baptism invitation. . he is my very first investigator!!!! We are still working on getting him to church though.
So we had dinner at the Eckloffs on Saturday and they made tacos which made me excited. . Germany does not have Mexican food at all. I think it is funny though, because people always want to make American food for us. lol.
Saturday night I had my very first transfer call conference, but the conference call was not working. . . So they called everyone individually and so we had to stay up super late to wait for our call. . We did not go to bed until midnight. . . we are both staying in Rostock. exciting.
This week I have had an awful cold and so that has been super hard and it has been rainy and cold. . . I bought a new umbrella because the one I had the wind completely destroyed it. my goodness.
Well, I have been getting your letters every week in the mail and I did get Eric's and Blake's. . . if you have been sending letters to the office address then I will not get them until Febuary 22. just so you know.
Thanks for everyone's love and support. . . Keep praying, reading your scriptures, etc!!!
I love ya´´ll
Sister Britt Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment