so much has gone on this week and this has been a fun fun week and a little bit disappointing.
So Mom asked a little bit about the branch here in Rostock and there is only one branch in Rostock and we do not split up the city with the Elders . . we can go any where we would like and it is so fun!!
We have about 6 or so young single adults and maybe some more but they are not active and it is a lot of fun working with them.
The weather here is really cold, but there is no snow and hopefully spring comes soon. And we have been having longer days because it has been getting lighter earlier and darker later.
We went to Warnemude on Monday for pday and it was so so so much fun. .. It was the beach and this little tourist dorf ( a dorf is a small town).
Well, thanks to Kimberly for sending four letters at the same time. . .lol. for a second I thought you were the only sibling who did not love me and then I got a month worth of letters from ya ..lol.
Well, thanks to Kimberly for sending four letters at the same time. . .lol. for a second I thought you were the only sibling who did not love me and then I got a month worth of letters from ya ..lol.
Kimberly asked about the food here and the cultural with it. . . People always serve us Frucht tea or pffermint tea when we come over...or alot of people serve us orange juice... I have never drinking so much orange juice in my life... And I hate oranges. I drink it really slow so they do not give me any more. Anyways People always also think that they have to have goodies when we come over.
They feed us a lot of food. . . and usually we do not dish up our own servings... Br. Scmidt though stuffed us last week and I do not even like potatoe salad and majority of the plate was that. lol. But I eat the food with out complate. ALso He made a mexicanisch salad... It is really funny that when some one serves us something and says I hope it is not too hot because of the peppers and stuff in it... and it is not hot at all. They do not eat hot food like texans and mexicans do with all the spices and stuff. . . They do eat alot of brot and and lots of pigs here. I some how think that after I get home fromt he mission that hotdogs will no longer be my favorite food because you eat way to much of it here.
So as far as people. . we had another appointment with Herr Gruber and he tschued us. Which means he has no more interessting in meeting with us. . .It was really sad because then the rest of the day all of our appointments fell out and and we were not having any luck whatso ever.
We are however meeting with this new lady, Ljudmila, who was a previous investigator and she is from Sibera. She is super cool and she has a strong desire to join the church if she sees that the members truly live and believe in this faith. .
Judith, she is the one who got baptized in december and is 23. She went to the Temple for the first time last week and is getting ready to get her patriartical blessing. . . she is also really excited because she found a name through family history that she can take to the temple next time she is able to go!!!
The language is very difficult, but I am really starting to understand the people more an more everyday... Though speaking is still very hard for me I can at least piece together on what is being talked about which I so love.
Next sunday I have to give a talk in sacrament about the Holy Ghost .... I am really nervous about that. .
Anyways I just wanted to express my gratitutude to Grandma Matthews. . .I got a call from President on Sunday telling me about what is going on and I just wanted to say that I love you and that the Lord will guide and bless you. .. Many prayers are being said for you and I love how strong you are. Stay strong and just remember to smile!!!!
Also yay for Uncle Don!!! that is so exciting about your new call as a mission president in florida!!! best of luck and can not wait to see how your experince is. . .
I love you all and viel Gluck mit diese nachste Woche.
Sister Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment