meine familie,
2 Nephi 22:2 says, "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song, he also has become my salvation."
This is so so so so true and I am so grateful to spread the Gospel to people so they can have that same salvation.
Well, first off I wanted to ask mom if she can, in her weekly mailed letters, maybe stick a recipe in there (do one a week) and then I can start getting easy things to make. lol.
Also, tell Frau Hanes I have not heard from Bettina in forever. I wrote her before I left on my mission, but never heard back from her. And I do not know how the German really sounds in Berlin, but right now all German pretty much sounds the same to me. But, I do know there is hulk german which is the normal one and then there is platt german which is used more in the southern parts.
Zone conference is next Tuesday, so if anyone has sent letters or things to the office address then I will get them next week. We normally just get that mail once a transfer because that is the only time we really see President and the assitants. So yeah.
I very much wish I could go to the temple, but that is way too far away. It is in Frieberg and actually Sister Peltier, my mtc companion, is serving in Frieberg and so she probably has got to go. I do know that if you are in the area of the mission you can go once a transfer on a p day. So yeah.
Thanks to the Whitings for the Valentine card. It made me happy, and also thanks to Blake and Lindsay and the boys for the hearts, and then Eric and Kiersten for the short email!!! I love you all!!
Ha, I thought it was super funny about Neil and that girl who was going to kiss him, lol. My little brother cannot start that. . .way to go!! lol.
So not much to say from this week. . . I thought I might say a little about the culture of germany. . at least the part of it I know.. Rostock. I have come to a realization that I do not like dogs at all. . . Everyone seriously has dogs here and I have come to the point where I try to see if the dog matches the outside appreance of people. . as you know in 101 Dalmations. . the dogs match their owners. . . and it is true here as well. As you may remeber Rainbow Row in South Carolina.., every road here is a rainbow road pretty much and there are pigions everywhere. . .Germany is what people in America would probably call ghetto because of all the spraypaint and stuff on all the buildings and kind of run down looking. But it is super pretty here. People are super friendly until the word God is mentioned. I do not know what all to tell you, but ask me some specific questions about Germany and the culture and I might be able to tell ya'll a bit better. lol
So we invited Herr Gruber to be baptized this last appointment. . the topic of him already being baptized came up, so he did not commit to any date, but now he really knows our purpose of meeting with him and we are still meeting with him. He just needs a little more time, and we are trying so hard to get him to come to church. . he just never seems like he has time.
So because of transfers and Elder Ryser left we have gotten a new elder- district leader here in Rostock. His name is Elder Cox and he is from Las Vegas and will be going home in August.
Along with this week of we also got tshued. . which means goodbyed. Frau Ewert has no desire to change or to pray about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. . our last appointment she was going to give the book back, but we told her to keep it as a gift. . . It was sad to have to say goodbye, but she is just not ready to make commitments, and until she prays we can not do anything. So she told us goodbye.
We are also meeting this guy, Karl, who also will not pray, but we are still meeting with him and he has potential to change.
I really want to see Herr Gruber get baptized and the coolest part is.. in Rostock they get baptized in the sea!!! I so want to see a baptism in the sea. So keep him in your prayers and he is getting there!!!
Well I love y'all and today for Valentines we are going to Warnemuda with the elders and senior sisters. . . I will tell you about it next time, !!!!!!!
love y'all and spread the love!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment