| Leipzig Rathaus (city hall) |
Meine Familie,
Well this week has gone up and down with alot of things, but it ended on the coolest note ever!!!! I feel like this email may just be scattered brained because of what all happened this week...I will say our faith is being tried...after all that is the Christ like attribute that Sister Rasmussen and I decided to pray for this transfer. lol.
So at FHE last Monday a cool experience was told to me by our investigator Micheal. I believe I mentioned Michael last week or something, but he is so cool. He is a friend of Nadine who was baptized in June. Nadine brought him to us to start taking the lessons and we set a baptismal date with him our first appointment. I cannot believe it has only been two weeks since with set that date with him. Our second appointment we had with him we told him to read Moroni 10 and then pray to ask God if the Book of Mormon is true. Well, last Sunday he did just that and told us about his experience last Monday. He said Sunday night he opened the Book of Mormon and read chapter 10 in Moroni, right after he said a prayer, and then five minutes later he said he all of a sudden had this strong warm feeling with in his self from his head to his toes. In fact, he was so warm that he just had to take his shirt off. ... If that ain't an answer, I do not know what is. lol. We then met him on Tuesday and taught him the 3rd lesson and he told us that there is no doubt that he will get baptized because of his experience from Sunday night. He told us that everything we tell him just has to be true...so cool. Then on Thursday we thought that we would teach him the word of wisdom because we knew that he smokes. Well, yet another awesome miracle and experience. We taught him the word of wisdom and we put a little more of our focus on smoking. Well, at the end we asked him if he will keep the word of wisdom and he told us that about an hour and a half before our appoiment Nadine told him that he should stop smoking. So, he stopped at that very moment and then we had our appointment and he told us about that and he has not smoked since that day...and has not even had the desire to do so. He is so cool. He is like the guy that missionaries are praying for!!! I cannot wait to see him baptized and not to mention how happy Nadine is to be bringing a friend into the gospel!!!
Every Tuesday we meet with Robert, and sometimes Moni is there too. So this last Tuesday we talked to them about temples and they are both planning on making a trip again this month. I love talking to the members about the temple because you just see the light and desire they have in their eyes. In the states, we do not take advantage of what we have there and how close the temples really are. I am blessed to be able to help these people prepare to go for the first time and to send them off on their long travel to the temple. Take advantage of what you have...It really is a blessing!!!
Things are going up and down for Alexandra. She does not see the need to be baptized because she is already close to Jesus. That ain't a good reason. If you are close to Jesus then you would want to follow his example and be baptized. I do not know where to really go with her. We are still working on it. We gave her a talk from President Uchtdorf from this last conference that says in it that "if you have been investigatating this church for a long time...just get baptized". I really hope she reads that talk and really thinks about it. Keep her in your prayers.
So Philipp, like always, is slowly progressing. He is getting more and more of a desire to stop smoking!! which is so awesome!!! He has finished the whole Book of Mormon and will start it again. He is just so cool!!!
Doreen is still Doreen. We started to the stop smoking workshop with her, but so far it has not been successful because she has smoked at least once everyday since we have started. We call her up to see how she is doing or she calls us to tell us when she smoked. Still working on that, but not going so well right now.
Maik is totally rockin' along. I do not think or recall me talking about him. We found him a little over a week ago and when we met him on the street he had no knowledge of God or who he was or of Jesus Christ and anything religious for that matter..but just within a week of meeting with him, about three or four times this last week, he has read in the bible for the first time, said his first prayer, and is trying so hard to understand the Book of Mormon and knows that he has sinned so much and wants to be clean from that. He told us he is so scared to be baptized, but knows that is what he needs to do. He is so amazing and I love watching him gain this knowledge of his Father in heaven and he is beginning to develop faith in Jesus Christ. It is such an amazing process to watch..his future is looking so great!!
Katrin is a less active in our ward. She is the lady who owns the spider that I held. We visit her every week and every once in a blue moon her daughter Sabrina is there. We taught the third lesson to Sabrina and she told us that if she does develop a faith that this church is true..she will be baptized!! I am so grateful for that because that would mean a lot to Katrin.
Well this week has gone up and down with alot of things, but it ended on the coolest note ever!!!! I feel like this email may just be scattered brained because of what all happened this week...I will say our faith is being tried...after all that is the Christ like attribute that Sister Rasmussen and I decided to pray for this transfer. lol.
So at FHE last Monday a cool experience was told to me by our investigator Micheal. I believe I mentioned Michael last week or something, but he is so cool. He is a friend of Nadine who was baptized in June. Nadine brought him to us to start taking the lessons and we set a baptismal date with him our first appointment. I cannot believe it has only been two weeks since with set that date with him. Our second appointment we had with him we told him to read Moroni 10 and then pray to ask God if the Book of Mormon is true. Well, last Sunday he did just that and told us about his experience last Monday. He said Sunday night he opened the Book of Mormon and read chapter 10 in Moroni, right after he said a prayer, and then five minutes later he said he all of a sudden had this strong warm feeling with in his self from his head to his toes. In fact, he was so warm that he just had to take his shirt off. ... If that ain't an answer, I do not know what is. lol. We then met him on Tuesday and taught him the 3rd lesson and he told us that there is no doubt that he will get baptized because of his experience from Sunday night. He told us that everything we tell him just has to be true...so cool. Then on Thursday we thought that we would teach him the word of wisdom because we knew that he smokes. Well, yet another awesome miracle and experience. We taught him the word of wisdom and we put a little more of our focus on smoking. Well, at the end we asked him if he will keep the word of wisdom and he told us that about an hour and a half before our appoiment Nadine told him that he should stop smoking. So, he stopped at that very moment and then we had our appointment and he told us about that and he has not smoked since that day...and has not even had the desire to do so. He is so cool. He is like the guy that missionaries are praying for!!! I cannot wait to see him baptized and not to mention how happy Nadine is to be bringing a friend into the gospel!!!
Every Tuesday we meet with Robert, and sometimes Moni is there too. So this last Tuesday we talked to them about temples and they are both planning on making a trip again this month. I love talking to the members about the temple because you just see the light and desire they have in their eyes. In the states, we do not take advantage of what we have there and how close the temples really are. I am blessed to be able to help these people prepare to go for the first time and to send them off on their long travel to the temple. Take advantage of what you have...It really is a blessing!!!
Things are going up and down for Alexandra. She does not see the need to be baptized because she is already close to Jesus. That ain't a good reason. If you are close to Jesus then you would want to follow his example and be baptized. I do not know where to really go with her. We are still working on it. We gave her a talk from President Uchtdorf from this last conference that says in it that "if you have been investigatating this church for a long time...just get baptized". I really hope she reads that talk and really thinks about it. Keep her in your prayers.
So Philipp, like always, is slowly progressing. He is getting more and more of a desire to stop smoking!! which is so awesome!!! He has finished the whole Book of Mormon and will start it again. He is just so cool!!!
Doreen is still Doreen. We started to the stop smoking workshop with her, but so far it has not been successful because she has smoked at least once everyday since we have started. We call her up to see how she is doing or she calls us to tell us when she smoked. Still working on that, but not going so well right now.
Maik is totally rockin' along. I do not think or recall me talking about him. We found him a little over a week ago and when we met him on the street he had no knowledge of God or who he was or of Jesus Christ and anything religious for that matter..but just within a week of meeting with him, about three or four times this last week, he has read in the bible for the first time, said his first prayer, and is trying so hard to understand the Book of Mormon and knows that he has sinned so much and wants to be clean from that. He told us he is so scared to be baptized, but knows that is what he needs to do. He is so amazing and I love watching him gain this knowledge of his Father in heaven and he is beginning to develop faith in Jesus Christ. It is such an amazing process to watch..his future is looking so great!!
Katrin is a less active in our ward. She is the lady who owns the spider that I held. We visit her every week and every once in a blue moon her daughter Sabrina is there. We taught the third lesson to Sabrina and she told us that if she does develop a faith that this church is true..she will be baptized!! I am so grateful for that because that would mean a lot to Katrin.
| Katrin, Sabrina, and me |
Well, to get to the part on why this week has been up and down. Besides the people I have talked about in my email today, we had so many appointments fall out and we were thinking that our faith was really getting tried. So Sunday, the last day of the week came, besides our eating appointment with Sch. Bressel, our other appointments fell out. We had one more appointment at the church scheduled at 7 with this guy whose name is Bürcan. He actually found me and Sister McCall a few weeks ago. He came up to us and started asking us about our church. I was very surprised he talked to us because he told us that the Jehovah Witnesseses tried teaching him and meeting with him, but he immediately turned them down. He then asked Sister McCall and I if that was a good thing. Well, we told him that we thought it was since those people are not exactly our "friends". lol. So anyways, our last set up appointments with him had fallen out and then last week I thought we should call him again and so I set up this other appointment. We were at the church waiting thinking that all of our other appointments have fallen out, so what makes this one different... then he showed up. We taught him the first lesson and when I was explaining to him about the Apostosy and how there were a lot of churches on the earth...then a boy, Joseph had a question of which one was true...Bürcan was just getting so excited because he had the same question at the end. I started to invite him to be baptized and before I could finish my sentence, he asked me. lol We set up a date and he said he has been waiting for this truth for so long. But, there is one problem he told us..."my whole entire family is muslim and they have already all turned their backs on me." We told him that God will be there for him and help him and his family. But he is so golden, and after a tough week of appointments falling out, it did have many miracles within it and ended with the best!!!!!!
Thanks y'all...mom and dad for the package...I always love getting my favorite candy, swedish fish, and I was bouncing off the wall when I saw that box of macaroni and cheese. I am so excited to taste that awesome taste again. I love it so much and it has been too long since I have had that. I will say I am jealous that y'all went to Sea World. I have not been there since I was like 8. And, to Eric, I am reading the Old Testiment too!!! It is so cool and I am working on finishing it!!! so cool!! Any ways, I love y'all so much and thank y'all for the prayers!!!
Love,
Sister Britt Anderson!
Thanks y'all...mom and dad for the package...I always love getting my favorite candy, swedish fish, and I was bouncing off the wall when I saw that box of macaroni and cheese. I am so excited to taste that awesome taste again. I love it so much and it has been too long since I have had that. I will say I am jealous that y'all went to Sea World. I have not been there since I was like 8. And, to Eric, I am reading the Old Testiment too!!! It is so cool and I am working on finishing it!!! so cool!! Any ways, I love y'all so much and thank y'all for the prayers!!!
Love,
Sister Britt Anderson!
No comments:
Post a Comment