Monday, August 29, 2011

Going west!

Meine Familie,
Ahhhh.... I am getting transferred, which we all knew would probably happen. I am actually moving to Senior Companion and will be opening up a new Sister Program in Kiel…that means that I am pretty much doing what I did with Rostock, except I do not even have an area book.  It is a whole new sister area. I am so excited and ready to start this new responsibility, not to mention that I will be going back to the Baltic Sea and to West Germany for the first time!!! So before I forget… my new address is…
Kirche Jesu Christi
Schweffel Str. 22
24118 Kiel
Deutschland
So anyways...so many cool things did happen this week and I am so excited to get to tell everyone about these many adventures.
On Monday we met this guy named Charley on the bahn. He was pretty cool. He was from LA and is sometimes in Leipzig for business. He saw us on the bahn and had a basket of apples and offered some to us, and then he said…I think y’all are so awesome. We were a little confused when he then went on about how much he loves the Mormons and he knows a lot back home in the states. It was really funny.  When we asked him why he was not mormon yet, he said that if someone were to point a gun at him and ask him what religion he is, he would say Mormon.  Then he told us that he loves us so much because we are the only religion that he has found that the people do not talk bad about other people and religions. It really hit me there and made me look at myself and really hoping that I am one of those people. Anyways, he was heading back to the states this last week so we did not get to meet with him again..but he was really cool.
Robert and Moni
So, like every Tuesday…we met with Robert and Moni. I love meeting with them and it was sad that it would be my last time. Robert is really funny because he told me I better come to Utah because he is planning on getting married in the Salt Lake Temple to the girl he is waiting for…who is serving her mission in Mexico right now. Lol. Moni is such a sweet heart. She wants more then anything for her husband, Thomas, to join the church and come with her to the temple. Both of them have such great goals. I am so grateful I got to be a part of preparing them and helping them to get closer to their goals. They are for sure my friends.
Sister Rasmussen, me and Maik

Marcel and Michael (our investigator) at ward activity
Our investigators are doing so well…we are actually going to be pushing Bürcan, Micheal, and Maik’s baptisms to September 25th. They are all doing so awesome and are getting more and more excited for the baptism. Micheal put a countdown thing on his phone…Bürcan is telling everyone at church, and Maik…well he is just Maik. Lol. I would like to come back for their baptisms…we will see though. All of them are really sad I am leaving…but I told them that we will always be friends and I look forward to hearing about their progress in the church…I see some really awesome future leaders here. Lol.

Philipp

Philipp is also doing really awesome…he is reading the Book of Mormon for a second time …he is so cool and I cannot wait to hear that he made it to his baptism in November!!
Trihn and I

Saturday we had a ward activity…it was really fun and there were a lot of investigators there between us and the elders. The ward is really bringing and welcoming them in. So great. The future of Leipzig is looking so awesome. I also told Trihn that I was going to be transferred and she almost cried..it made me so sad…I have really made a family here.  

Daniel, Lali, Irakli and the whole family

Sunday was a great way to end my time in Leipzig… Lali, the mother of Irakli and Daniel was baptized!!! Such an amazing family. I was so happy to be here from when Irakli was baptized in June, to Daniel being baptized in July, and now their mother in August. What a wonderful journey. I am so happy to continue to see the progress of this family. It was hard to say goodbye to everyone at church…I will still see some people tonight at family home evening. But yeah…Leipzig will always have a deep place in my heart.
Any ways, I need to go, but I love y’all and I am actually sending a package of some stuff home today…so yeah. Keep an eye out for that. Tomorrow I will be on a five to six hour train ride..yay. Next time I write I will be in Kiel!!!!!
Love
Sister Britt
Ps… Hope everything is ok with Blake and Lindsay and the boys in New York…y’all are in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment