Meine Familie,
How great is the work!!!! I am dead serious. This transfer is starting out on the best foot ever. So to ever begin writing this week out…I really do not know where to start…so many miracles and so many amazing people who have really been prepared by our Lord to hear our message. It makes me that more grateful for the message we have more and more every day.
I guess I will start from the beginning and work from there…but I am sorry if I seem sometimes a bit scatter brained … just because I have so much wonderful amazing things going on in my head right now. Oh my.
Tuesday was my last day with Sister McCall and then, Wednesday morning I would have to take her to the train station. I was so sad to say goodbye to her…because we have seriously become best friends. I love her so much and am so grateful for her.
![]() |
| Sister Rasmussen, McCall, and me |
![]() |
| Sister Rasmussen and me |
So on Tuesday we were actually in a three…because Sister Rasmussen, my new companion, came to us…She is cool. She is from Sandy, Utah and is so much fun. We have already started this transfer off amazing. Let us beginning the amaziness!!!!
So Tuesday was a great day filled with amazing appointments and what better way for Sister McCall to end her mission!!
So Nadine was the girl that was baptized in June and she is just a rockin’ new member. So she read all of Doctrine and Covenants in one week and now she is inviting a friend to meet with us missionaries!! She is so cool. So on Tuesday night we had an appointment with Nadine and she brought her friend, Michael. This was of course our first appointment with him and we taught him the plan of salvation because Nadine really wanted us too and at the end we invited him to be baptized on September 4th!!! He said he will and so now we are just teaching him. And our last appointment with him was on Saturday and he is just so awesome and Nadine is so happy to see a good friend of hers coming along with the gospel. He was not able to come to church on Sunday, but Nadine came and told me…he is sorry he cannot come today…but he is reading in the Book of Mormon. She is so excited and she said they are both already talking about his baptism!!! So cool! If only all members would be like Nadine and have complete faith that their friends would be interested…after all that is how Nadine was also found. What a wonderful ending for Sister McCall considering that she was the one to start teaching Nadine and now this…so cool.
So on Wednesday…I hit my 9 month mark…that was so weird…and now I am less that half way there and I am sorry to say to y’all, but I do not want to come home at all..lol. I want to be a missionary like this forever. Lol. After all, how many people get to say that they get to live their dream. I have dreamed of this since I was a little girl and I have counted down for this and now I am living this dream of mine…I do not want this to end at all. Lame sauce.
| Saying goodbye at the train station |
So we took Sister McCall to the train station on this morning and said our goodbyes. And then it was just me and Sister Rasmussen and a beginning of an amazing transfer. We went over to visit Aloysius and our appointment was amazing as always…and he came to church this week and loved it a lot. He is so awesome.
We then Mohammed that day as well. He is doing awesome and he loves being with us a lot. He told me and Sister McCall a long time ago that it is a big problem that we are going back to America and that in two years he will come to America also and see us. He is just so cool!!!
Thursday we met with Philip and he is doing really well…he did not show up to church on Sunday though, so I am disappointed in that with him. But he has finished reading the whole Book of Mormon so that is sick!!!!! Oh yeah.
So anyways, Thursday night was a really cool night and such a blessing as well. We went over to visit Trinh. She is the little Vietnamese lady. I love her so much. We went and saw her and we were visiting her for awhile and then Sister Rasmussen looked at the clock and was like…we should go. I did not feel like we should leave yet...so I kept on talking to Trinh. Then about 10 minutes later, Tuan, the son of Trinh, walked in the door. It was a miracle. I will not get into the whole story about Tuan because some is personal stuff, but he is almost 30 I believe, and Trinh has no way to contact him and she only sees him when he shows up at home. Anyways…he was taught by missionaries when he was 14 years old and actually joined the church…Trinh wants him so bad to come back, but he has lost his faith and no longer believes in God. Anyways, when he walked he went to his bedroom and that was the first time I had ever seen him. I looked at Sister Rasmussen and said, well, he probably won’t come out. I will tell you his story later. But next thing we knew he came out of his room and sat on the coach and we talked about everything with him...life and getting to know him and laughing and having fun and then religious things and so on. It was so cool...we did not leave their place until after 9…but it was totally worth it to see the eyes light up in Trinh’s face. Tuan would not say a prayer with us, so he went into his bedroom…but I will not forget Trinh giving me a big hug and telling me thank you….and I know that maybe one day Tuan will come back to the gospel and the church…he does not want it now, but we have to start somewhere...we were supposed to still be there when he showed up.
This is not the end of the miracles that have happened this week…There are two more people who I so want to mention…Ruth Stein and Maik…now lets begin with Ruth….
| Ruth Stein |
So on Friday night we had some time before our last appointment… so we went out for a little while to go talk to people on the street. We decided to walk through this park…we had not had any luck yet and we needed to turn back around so we could get back to the institute center on time for our appointment with Mohammed. We decided to walk just a little bit further when we saw this lady walking through the park…we stopped and talked to her, but she was trying to keep going and not really wanting to make out an appointment with us because she will be going out of town for a long time. She said that she will be leaving on Sunday evening and so we were like…well can you meet us at 8:30 in the evening tomorrow at our institute center…she agreed…we turned back around and walked fast to our appointment that we had. Saturday all of our appointments were just falling out and it was rainy and cold…We showed up at the institute center at like 8:30 to see if our last appointment with the lady we met on the street, Ruth Stein, would show up…for our last appointment…10 minutes went by and we were about to just go home…when she showed up. It was so cool. She came in and we talked for a little while and then we started teaching her…everything was just making since to her. She for sure was prepared for our message…and she said that we were meant to stop her…she told us she decided to take a different way home that day we stopped her and so she took a walk through the park just thinking about life and stuff...so cool. We started telling her about the apostasy and she totally accepted it and then when we started telling the story about Joseph Smith …she was like “well, he must have had a vision or something, right?” We talked about baptism and that we have the choice to be baptized and so then she said, “oh, so my baptism does not count because I was just a baby and did not have the choice…” she was like answering all of her own questions…She also told us she has gone to so many other churches and she has never felt the spirit as strong as she has felt it with us. We set a date with her and she told us she can not wait to get her husband, who died three years ago, baptized in the next life. Lol. She is so cool and so ready. I love her so much….she came to church on Sunday and is just so excited about everything… I just had to take a picture with her.
Maik, his story is not as cool, but we also met him on the street and he came to our appointment on Sunday night…he has no knowledge of God or anything and does not really know why we are here…We taught him and last night was the very first time he has ever read out of the bible. We told him that God loves him and would want him to be baptized…He said well, when I find out he is there…I will be baptized…so we set a date with him…and he said he will try praying for the very first time…He is so cool.
So as you can see…so many amazing things have happened this week and I am excited for many more miracles…I love it so much. I am living my dream!!!!!
| Sister Rasmussen and me Hansel and Gretel statue |
Love y’al
lSister Anderson


No comments:
Post a Comment