Monday, September 12, 2011

Just listen ...

Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 4:16 AM
Subject: Just listen...



A church in Kiel

Meine Familie,
So being out here and being less than half way done with my mission and getting closer to hitting my year mark in October...I realized that I really do learn something everyday and every moment of my mission. And this week I want to focus on "JUST LISTEN." I have seen my self really come a long way from when I first started my mission to now and I am so grateful for that. I can actually speak german now and understand it...It may not be very good, but I can at least get my message across and trust in the Lord to help me communticate. Sister Bush and I started off our first week together not very good. We both are very different and It was hard for me. But I learned to JUST LISTEN. I did not want the beginning to also end up being the end...And so I listened to the spirit and I began to serve her and I really can say that I love her. She and I do not always see eye to eye with each other, but we talk things through and the lord as blessed us. I remember when I first met Sister Bush and one of the first things I said to her was..."Lets go baptize Kiel" She told me that she has always been scared to extend that commitment and I told her that I was not...So We began working.... As a result we were blessed with Hannah. Hannah is this girl that the elders found right before we got her...they have only met with her once and decided that they would give her to us. So on Monday Sister Bush and I had our first appointment with her. She was so cute and Anne, a member here, came with us. The lesson went great and she loved the plan of salvation. .. . Then Wednesday we met with her once more and Anne came with us. We taught the third lesson and when we got to baptism...Hannah had to go check on one of her kids...While Hannah was out of the room Anne looked at us and said..."Do not ask her today" I was puzzled and thought in my head...that is why I am here and it never hurts to invite someone. I knew that within my heart that the spirit was telling me to invite Hannah. I could have easily listened to Anne, but the spirit was too strong and I knew who I should listen too. Hannah came back into the room and sat down...I looked at Hannah and with a smile on my face told her that this is the only way and I bore my testimony of it...I then told her that when we set a goal God will help us reach that goal that we could be ready...the spirit was still prompting me and I told her that we have a baptism on October 16th and if she will be baptized on this day and to pray about it. Hannah said yes...and I could feel my eyes watering up. I know that we need to Just LISTEN to the spirit...satan will always put obstacles in our way to help us not listen...but I know that is is never the spirit that tells us not to invite one to be baptized. It just warmed my heart and it was the best way to end our day. I love it so much. Hannah even gave me a hug at the end and told me thankyou...It was a moment I will never forget to JUST LISTEN.

Sister Bush


The rest of the week was wonderful as we are now teaching the English class...I love it so much and I really miss being an english major back home..but that is ok...considering I do not want to come home at all (do not hate me for saying that. lol) We helped a sister in our ward pack some..she will be moving next week to go to America to live with her husband. We also met again with Sandra and Martin and gave them the book of mormon. They seem really interested and they still want us to be coming back. I am just so excited for the work here in Kiel and that it will keep moving forward. I love it so much.
Ben our investigator...most interesting appointment ever...We are going to to teach him the plan of salvation and when we teach earth life focas a little more on the Priesthood, Homosexuality, and Prophets...crazy . But that is what he was asking alot about..It was funny when Sister Bush asked him in our appointment if he was gay...lol.. he is not, but it was really funny. So yeah. We are still really working on him. But yeah...I do not know what else to really say from this week, but we did talk to this guy on the street and he spoke English and when I approached him I was speaking german when he asked if we spoke english..When I then began speaking in English..I realized I have to know translate from german to english in my head and it was really hard. lol. I probably sounded really dumb, but hey we made out and appointment... we do have a busy week planned this coming week...so next Monday I will have more to say, but yeah. I love the work and that I get to live my dream and continue seeing miracles. I love y'all 

love Sister Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment